We have searched the web for the best wine classes. We analyzed over 164 wine courses found on popular education sites like podcasting and Coursera and rated them based on course instructors, number of reviews, ratings, and more. Below is a list of our top 9 favorite wine classes . At the very bottom of the post you can check our revision history.
1. Adventures in Wine Crafting
As a chef, you might have tried making a lot of dishes and drinks. Have you ever tried making your own wine? If not, then you’ll truly enjoy this course. You’ll be learning lots of things about wine along with the fact that you can make it without grapes too. So, take your laptop to the kitchen, gather your ingredients and make yourself a good drink for dinner.
You’ll be guided by Linda Watson-Call, a retired instructional designer who now follows her passion of making wine. She lives in a farm where she teaches horse-riding lessons to children and makes wine. In this course, she gives detailed instructions on making different types and flavours of wine from scratch and bottling it when it’s done.
- Gather all the ingredients needed to make wine which will include alcohol, fruits and herbal tea.
- Make some interesting flavours of wine such as apple wine, tea wine, veggie wine, wine from flowers, spice wine and blended wine.
- Learn to use a hydrometer and a refractor to measure the amount of alcohol needed.
- Taste the wine, rack it and bottle it when you think it is perfect.
2. Get Wine-Smart
Are you really fond of having wine? Well, what if you found out you could earn out of drinking some? Yes, you heard it right. This course is all about wine tasting, which is considered to be a well-paying skill today. You’ll be opening a lot of bottles of wine by yourself, learning about various varieties and styles of wine and developing your taste and senses for it.
John Boyer is a geography professor, who specializes in world geography as well as the geography of wine. He has post-graduated in this subject and has been teaching since 1998. Before starting his online course, he has additionally written books, created a novel series, podcasts and a website that have wine tasting classes.
- Learn about the basics of wine, its varieties and styles.
- Open the bottle and learn various restaurant etiquettes for having wine.
- Distinguish between various smells and components of different flavours.
- Gain more insights on storing and buying wine according to occasion.
3. Wine in 9: The Complete Wine Tasting Course
Wine is more than a drink people have for taste. Today, in the social and professional field you need to know which wine suits which occasion and what it should taste like. In this course, you’ll begin from the theory of how each wine is made in the vineyard and connect it with what the taste should be like.
You have 2 instructors for this course – Tom Savage and Mike Mazey. Tom is an online educator by profession, specializing more in digital marketing, designing, videography and language training. Mike, on the other hand, is a winemaker and educator by profession. He graduated in Oenology, which is the science of wine and has gained exposure to several vineyards.
- Observe how grapes are grown and used to make wine.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the aromas and appearances of different types of wine.
- Understand what the taste of still, sparkling and fortified wines should be like.
- Learn which wine to pair with a certain type of food as well as according to the occasion.
4. Wine: Everything You Want to Know, Taught by a Winemaker
Do you wish to become a sommelier? If yes, then this course on wine tasting can be extremely useful for you. Begin your journey from the grapevines and vineyards where wine is made. Discover how various varieties of wine are made and the right way of tasting its flavours. You’ll also learn about the place and variety of wine to buy that goes with the food and the event.
You’ll be learning the skill of wine tasting from an expert winemaker himself, Michael Macfarlan. He owns a winery in Western Virginia that he found and launched with his brother in 2013. Moreover, he also conducts seminars and workshops for wine drinkers to educate them more on wine tasting.
- Take a look at how grapes are grown and used to make wine.
- Observe how red wine, white wine and rose wine is made.
- Learn about the various principles of tasting wine.
- Understand how to buy the right wine for the right occasion.
5. Mastering wine – Jancis Robinson’s Shortcuts to Success
Does the subject of wine fascinate you? If yes, then this is a fun course you can take up to follow your passion. You’ll be learning everything you need to know about wine – starting from how it’s made to how it goes to the right glass. Wine has got several varieties and flavours, each of which go with different dishes and occasions.
The course has been designed by the team of Expert Academy. The online educational organization is known for creating and publishing e-learning courses. They have the best experts for each field of subjects and 30 different online courses so far. This course on wine tasting is a bestseller having more than 3,700 students enrolled.
- Learn about the different flavours and varieties of wines and how each of them are made.
- Gain professional insights for smelling and tasting red and white wines.
- Build up your confidence in choosing the right wine for an event.
- Master the tricks to understand which wine goes with which food and event.
6. Wine Confidence – Enjoy Wine Without Being An Expert
Do you face troubles ordering the right wine for the right occasion? If yes, then this course can help you out. Knowing the taste of wine is a lot more than drinking it for pleasure – it is a real skill. When you’re present in a formal gathering, you need to order the right wine that goes with the food and the event.
Your trainer, David Baer is a freak when it comes to wine. He has been marketing premium wine and educating people about it for the last 20 years. Since 2011, he has been doing the same online as well. While marketing is his actual profession, wine happens to be his passion and love. He is a certified wine educator as well as a bestselling author on Kindle.
- Get hold of a cheat sheet to understand wine and food pairing.
- Understand how each wine is pronounced and what to do when you don’t know one.
- Gain more insights into how wine is priced.
- Learn how to appreciate wine in the right way.
7. Making Homemade Wine: A Step-by-Step Guide!
Did you know that you could make wine at home too? If you sign-up for this course, you’ll discover that you can make some delicious wine in your very own kitchen. So, gather all the ingredients and equipment needed – which even includes a bottle where you’ll be filling up your wine after making it.
Your tutor for this course is Mark Dotta. Even though he happens to be a teacher of industrial technology architecture, CAD, engineering and robotics by profession, he is very passionate about wine too. For the last 10 years, he has been making 100 gallons of red wine per year, which include flavours like apple wine, sweet red wine and dry red wine.
- Gather all the ingredients and start with fermenting the yeast.
- Learn how to read the hydrometer scale for adding sugar.
- Make a selection of the grapes and juices you wish to add in your wine.
- Rack, de-gas and bottle the wine once it is ready.
8. Become a wine expert: 40 questions you never dare to ask
When you go into the depths of the taste and varieties of wine, you enhance drinking it even more. Whether you’re just an enthusiast or wish to become a professional taster, through this course, you’ll be discovering a lot about this drink. Starting from discovering how it’s made, understand how each flavour is made for a different kind of a dish.
Your tutor, Antoine Bertin has designed a detailed course that tells you everything you need to know about wine in less than 2 hours. He’ll be introducing you to many technical words that associate with wine and wine making. You’ll also understand what role does each and every ingredient and chemical have in the making.
- Gain deep insights of different kinds of grapes harvested and used for different wines.
- Discover how different types of wine are made and blended.
- Learn how to read the label on the bottle of a wine.
- Understand what makes a wine cellar good and how wine is to be tasted.
9. Wine in One Hour
Is the wine you’ve had all you know about it? If yes, then this course might blow your mind. If you find pleasure in drinking wine, this course will increase it 10-fold. This is because you’ll be discovering plenty of varieties that you probably haven’t tasted or even seen, observe how wine is made and learn how to actually taste wine in the right way.
You’ll be guided by Nicole from WinelQ, a marketer by profession and wine taster by passion. She has travelled in many regions of the United States and Europe, interacting with winemakers and studying about the different varieties of wine. WinelQ is an online academy through which Nicole educates students about wine.
- Step into the world of grapeyards and vineyards where wine is made.
- Discover the different varieties of red wines and white wines in the world.
- Understand how each and every flavour and variety of wine is supposed to taste.
- Learn more about how wine is supposed to be stored and served.
- List published 04/07/2020 with 9 products.