We have searched the web for the best VMware classes . We analyzed over 809 VMware courses found on popular education sites like Udemy and Coursera and rated them based on course instructors, number of reviews, ratings, and more. Below is a list of our top 10 favorite VMware classes . At the very bottom of the post you can check our revision history.
1. Clear and Simple VMware Certified Associate (VCA-DBT)
Are you looking forward to giving the VCA-DBT exam to become a certified associate of VMware? If yes, then this is the right course for you. Starting from the most basic fundamentals of the vSphere, gain understanding of VMware products, their usage, the concept of virtual datacenters, vSAN, NSX and vRealize.
You’ll be trained by Rick Crisci. He is a VMware certified instructor and owns TrainerTests, a company providing education through videos. His passion for training students makes his videos very simple to understand and has gained him more than 81,000 students so far. Apart from VMware, he’s also certified for training in AWS.
- Understand the basic concepts of vSphere and VMware.
- Gain detailed knowledge regarding clusters, storage, resource pools and network I/O.
- Learn about vSAN and NSX.
- Gin insights into Horizon and vRealize.
2. Designing and Deploying VMware Horizon View 7
Do you wish to polish your skills in using the VMware horizon? If you have a basic knowledge of VMware and vSphere, then this course will advance your skills and make you a master. By the end of this course, not only will you be able to effectively optimize desktops for delivery but also deploy and secure your Horizon view.
The course has been designed and guided by Packt Publishing. The organization has been teaching developer learning since 2004 and has more than 263,000 students. It has more than 2,400 courses and 4,000 books for software professionals into programming language, data analytics, DevOps and new web frameworks.
- Introduce yourself to VDI as well as Horizon 7’s architecture and components.
- Understand the factors for design and deployment.
- Learn about building, configuration and installation of components.
- Secure the horizon view and learn to create as well as publish virtual desktops.
3. Pass the VMware VCP NV NSX exam – PRACTICE TEST 6.2
Do you aspire to give the VMware 2V0-642 VCP6.2 NV NSX network virtualization exam? With a very little knowledge base in virtual networking and NSX, you can now pass this exam in your first attempt if you take-up this course. Go through 155 questions and 6 test papers so that you can successfully pass the exam.
This course is also designed by Rick Crisci (refer to point number 1), the founder of TrainerTests. Among a total of 24 courses that he has on VMware and AWS, this one has received a rating of 4.3, while the instructor has received a rating of 4.5 out of 5. To know more about him, you can check out his LinkedIn profile.
- Learn about the NSX manager, controller, router and other components.
- Go through various NSX services such as NAT, VPN, DNS, etc.
- Understand how distributed firewall, service composer and third party security solutions work.
- Learn about cross-vCentre NSX and vSphere distributed switches.
4. Clear and Simple vSphere 6.7 Foundations
Do you know nothing about VMware but need to know it for your work? If yes, then this course designed for complete beginners will boost your skills. By the end of this course, not only will you be able to create and manage a vSphere environment, but also be ready to clear the VMware vSphere 6.7 Foundations Examination.
This course too is created by Rick Crisci. This (refer to point 1 and 3). This is the 3rd out of 24 courses he has on Udemy that has been listed on this article. This course has received a rating of 4.6 out of 5 from more than a thousand students.
- Introduce yourself to vSphere and ESXi 6.7.
- Learn to configure and manage storage as well as networking in vSphere.
- Deploy and administer apps, migrate vSphere 6.7 VMs and administer resource management.
- Learn how to troubleshoot and monitor basic vSphere 6.7.
5. Clear and Simple VMware NSX 6.2 and vSphere Virtual Networks
Are you a network engineer looking for a new skill to add in your resume? If you haven’t known VMware yet, then sign-up for this course to discover its scope. You’ll learn new concepts of networking such as ARP, MTU, routing, switching and spanning tree. Apart from that, also enter the vSphere and discover various components of VMware and NSX.
This is the 4th course on this list that has been designed and guided by Rick Crisci. As you may have observed, most of his courses are designed for beginners who have never used VMware. This course has received more than 10,000 enrollments from professionals willing to give the VCP 6 NV Network Virtualization Examination (2V0-642).
- Introduce yourself to virtual networking in vSphere.
- Learn about NSX fundamentals, routing and edge.
- Understand dynamic routing and security.
- Learn about the cross-vCentre in NSX.
6. Clear and Simple VMware vSphere 6.5 Foundations VCP – Part 2
This course is a sequel to the Clear & Simple VMware vSphere 6.5 Foundations Part 1 (mentioned in point number 9 below). It starts where that course ends and teaches you to manage vMotion, host clusters, fault tolerance and host availability. It also teaches monitoring of the vSphere and troubleshooting vCenter, virtual machines and ESXi.
This is one of the highest rated courses by Rick Crisci with 4.6 out of 5 stars. Through this course he aims to prepare you for the vSphere 6.5 Foundations examination. He has been training students in VMware for a long time and thus knows how to keep his students engaged. You will find most of his lectures only 5-15 minutes long.
- Quickly revise your previous knowledge on VMware and vSphere.
- Learn administering the availability & resource management features.
- Troubleshoot vSphere 6.5.
- Monitor the vSPhere using charts and presentations.
7. VMware vSphere Fundamentals
If you have been downloading operating systems and software but need to take your knowledge base to a whole new level, try this beginners course on VMware. This course will train you to create a lab environment, install a control server and work with vCenter server as well as ESXi. You’ll also go through concepts of cloning, virtual machines, vMotion and snapshots.
This course has been created and guided by Stackable Solutions. The owner of this company has been a full stack developer for the last 10 years. Apart from meeting the needs of his clients, he has now started distributing his knowledge on VMware through online courses. Most of his students come from this particular course.
- Introduce yourself to the vSphere environment.
- Work upon the ESXi and vCenter.
- Learn more about networking and storage.
- Understand virtual machine management.
8. vSphere 6.0 VCP Lab with VMware Workstation Hand-On
Are you preparing for the VCP (VMware Certified Professional) or the VCA (VMware Certified Associate) exam? You don’t need to have any background knowledge if you want to take-up this course. This will clarify all concepts starting from creating a lab environment and VMware workstation to implementing migrations in the software.
You’ll be trained by Zulqarnain Hayat in this course. He has a masters degree in computer science and 17+ years of experience as a database specialist. He has worked with UNIX administration, Oracle database administration, MySQL server administration, Linux and Windows server administration, VMware infrastructure and many more.
- Use AutoLab to create a vSphere lab environment.
- Introduce yourself to ESXi and vCenter.
- Learn networking and storage in vSphere.
- Discover how virtual machine management is done.
9. Clear and Simple VMware vSphere 6.5 Foundations VCP – Part 1
You’ve probably seen part 2 this course has in point number 6. Even though this is the first portion,you need to have primary knowledge of vSphere and its concepts to catch-up with this course too. This is one of the few courses by Rick Crisci that has not been designed for absolute beginners but trains you for the VCA-DBT exam.
After revising a few basics, you’ll move into understanding storage and switches in vSphere along with vCenter and ESXi, virtual machines, vApps, deployment of VMs and clone VMs. He will also take you through VMFS, NFS, Update Manager, VSAN, vSphere administrator and vSphere web clients.
- Brush up through the fundamentals of vSphere 6.5.
- Gain detailed insights of networking in vSphere.
- Learn how to manage storage in vSphere in detail.
- Go through various apps on VM.
10. VMware vSphere 6.5 – Setup your own enterprise environment
Are you looking forward to boosting your skills as an IT or VMware administrator? If yes, then this course will be great for you. Take your basic knowledge on VMware to a whole new level by moving into creating your own VSphere environment and infrastructure and gain practical experience of using the software.
Your tutor for this course is Martin Gavanda. Being a cloud architect and IT consultant for more than 10 years, he has 7+ years of experience with VMware. In fact, he is the creator of one of the first VMware based public cloud offerings. Additionally, he has implemented several small scale vSPhere and VMware projects and developed a new data center that offers VMware.
- Introduce yourself to the key fundamentals of VMware.
- Plan and configure your vSphere environment.
- Learn vCenter and virtual machine management.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and monitor your performances.
11. Clear and Simple VMware vSphere 6.7 Professional VCP-DCV
If you are looking forward to clearing the VMware VCP 6.7 DCV examination, then you probably have an understanding of various concepts of vSphere. In this course, Rick Crisci teaches you to create and administer a vSphere 6.7 deployment. Within 13 hours, you’ll be going through 103 lectures that’ll completely prepare you for the exam.
You’ll be covering networking, storage, security, upgrades, virtual machines, hosts, resource management, troubleshooting, backup and recovery in detail. Using multiple small lectures that you can retain as you learn, he prepares you thoroughly for the VCP-DCV examination that you can clear and implement it in your work.
- Start with networking and storage in vSphere 6.7.
- Move on to monitoring tools and deployment.
- Learn about updates and resource management of vSphere 6.7.
- Conclude with troubleshooting, taking backups and recovering.
12. The Complete VMware vSphere 6.5: Beginner to Advanced-pt ½
As new technological developments take place, every IT administrator and manager has to be updated with them. If you are an IT professional who needs to add a skill of VMware infrastructure in your resume, then this course will give you advanced level skills starting right from the beginning.
- Introduce yourself to virtualization and VMware labs.
- Learn about ESXi, virtual machines and vCenter.
- Go through concepts of scheduling tasks, VM startup shutdown, firewall and lockdown.
- Gain a deeper understanding of vNetwork and vSphere storage.
- List published 02/27/2020 with 12 products.