We have searched the web for the best splunk classes . We analyzed over 69 splunk courses found on popular education sites like Udemy and Coursera and rated them based on course instructors, number of reviews, ratings, and more. Below is a list of our top 10 favorite splunk classes . At the very bottom of the post you can check our revision history.
1. Build Your Own Splunk App
- Start with setting up the app.
- Take a look at the various inputs available in Splunk for you.
- Learn logging, debugging, modular input and custom page set-up.
- Modify your app’s navigation style and enjoy a new, customized version.
2. The Complete Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin Course 2020
Do you wish to become a certified admin of the Splunk Enterprise? This course will teach you how to deploy it in different environments and architectures. By the end, you’ll be prepared to give the Splunk Enterprise 8.x Certified Admin Exam. You might not be able to understand the course content without basic knowledge on installing the software in Linux and Windows.
Adam Frisbee specializes in Cloud technology & DevOps and guides you through this course. He teaches information systems at a university and has also worked as a professional. Some of the domains he has worked for include tourism, healthcare, government sites, higher education and manufacturing.
- Introduce yourself to the basics of Splunk’s admin.
- Move on to license management, configuration and indexes.
- Learn user and authentication management.
- Provide various inputs and manipulate data while concluding the course.
3. Splunk 2020 – Beginner to Architect
Do you need to learn how to use Splunk from scratch? If you are at level 0, this course will make you a pro. All you need to have is the zest to learn. Starting with building-up various dashboards and architecture, we’ll start implementing various industrial practices and gain some advanced concepts on the software.
You’ll be guided by Zeal Vora in this course. He is a cloud security consultant and helps organizations rebuild their infrastructure. As a popular instructor on Udemy with 13 courses and more than 91,000 students, he has gained a rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars. Through this course, he has strived to teach a complete fresher from scratch in just 11 hours.
- Introduce yourself to the Splunk software and start setting-up the dashboards.
- Understand the Splunk architecture and user management.
- Learn various activities needed after installation including security primer.
- Move on to indexer clustering, search head clustering and other advanced concepts.
4. The Complete Splunk Beginner Course
Are you willing to give the Splunk certification exams but know nothing yet? If yes, then this course is for you. You might need some basic knowledge in networking, Linux or Windows environment and installing software in either of the two. Using Splunk 8.x, you start from scratch and gain advanced insights on how it works.
Your mentor for this course too is Adam Frisbee (refer to point number 2). Based in Utah, he is a passionate tutor who believes in education being a powerful tool to bring about change. Having more than 40,000 students, he has gained a rating of 4.4 out of 5 and 2 out of 3 courses are listed here. He strives to prepare a beginner in a course of only 2 hours and 40 minutes.
- Understand what Splunk is and how it is helpful.
- Install the software while you plan its deployment.
- Learn searching, reporting and input of data.
- Visualize your data and move on to learn more advanced concepts.
5. Getting to Know Splunk: The Hands-On Administration Guide
Do you need to learn how to use Splunk for your work? Whether you have any background knowledge of the software or not, this course will equip you with enough skills to utilize it well for your company. Starting with some basic terms and getting used to the UI, you’ll create your own environment and feed in data to work more efficiently.
Tom Kopchak is the director of technical operations at Hurricane labs and your tutor for this course. He is a post graduate from Rochester Institute of Technology in computing technology as well as a Splunk Accredited Architect & Consultant. He has been building, designing and deploying Splunk architecture as well as managing teams for several years now.
- Introduce yourself to the software and its UI.
- Understand the infrastructure and data onboarding.
- Move on to data normalization and visualization.
- Learn how to utilize the environment created by you.
6. Data Analytics Using Splunk – Beginner to Intermediate Course
If you are interested in adding Splunk in your skill set, then you can begin with this course. Within 7 hours and 15 minutes, you’ll be guided through the basic terms and interface of the software followed by which you’ll gain intermediary skills to use it. By the end of this course, you’ll have created your own environment and managing & administering its deployment.
The course is designed and guided by Bigdata ABC. This organization teaches real time big data solutions such as Splunk and ELK at reasonable rates all over the world. They’ll provide you with hands-on training and skills to master big data tools and technologies. This is one of the 5 courses they have been teaching.
- Get used to the terms and user interface of Spunk.
- Gain advanced knowledge in searching and reporting.
- Create knowledge objects, data models and pivots.
- Learn indexer, search head and forwarder connection along with other add-ons.
7. Fundamentals of Splunk
Are you looking for a short beginners course on Splunk? If yes, then this is the one for you. Providing 16 lectures over 1.5 hours, you’ll learn all the basics and fundamentals that you need to know about Splunk. You’ll be guided from the very beginning on how to install it and by the end, you’ll be able to set-up your own dashboards.
The DevLabs Group is a team of highly skilled programmers as well as designers who will guide you through this course together. Technology is their passion and they dedicatedly work upon providing solutions to their clients. Now, after gaining years of experience and still learning more, they have designed e-learning courses to help all.
- Install and set-up the software and get used to the interface.
- Learn the basic features of Splunk on creating advanced searches and time filtering.
- Move to web app monitoring, configuring remote data and using various data streams.
- Set-up alerts and dashboards and visualize your data.
8. Complete Guide to Splunk Clustering – Hands On!
Are you interested in learning Splunk 6.5 clustering? If you have basic knowledge of the software and its administration, then you can polish your skills through this course. It provides you with detailed knowledge in indexer clustering as well as search head clustering. Within 3 and half hours, you’ll gain deeper insights into the software.
This course too is designed and guided by Bigdata ABC (refer to point number 6 to know more). Being a dedicated organization with an agenda to provide education available to all, their courses are highly knowledgeable and practically useful to their students. In a short span of time, they have started gaining more and more students.
- Start with indexer cluster configuration on AWS and getting data in it.
- Learn management and administration in indexer cluster.
- Move on to the search head cluster and its architecture.
- Configure, manage and administer a search head cluster.
9. Splunk Admin & Architect: Complete Tutorials + 30 Days Lab
If you need to use Splunk for your company but have no background or experience of using it, then this course is extremely beneficial for you. Using Amazon AWS, you’ll learn to create your own Splunk environment while also covering aspects of searching, administration, architecture and various uses of the software.
Your instructor, Arunkumar Krishna, has been using Splunk for 7 years now. Based entirely on his experience, he has designed 6 courses only on Splunk. Earlier, he had started yesarun.com to teach Splunk from online documentation. Here, he strives to teach you step by step in 188 lectures on how you can master the software.
- Start with designing the architecture as well as installing and configuring various components.
- Install knowledge objects and go through various inbuilt visualizations, apps and add-ons.
- Learn indexer and search head clustering along with other advanced concepts.
- Build an enterprise architecture on Amazon AWS and practice other assignments to gain certification.
10. Learn Splunk Administration and Clustering – Hands On!
This is yet another course meant for absolute beginners who need to learn Splunk for their work. Starting from installation and basic fundamentals, you’ll learn how to input data, configure it, manage licenses, perform advanced level search, monitoring and troubleshooting. In fact, by the end, you’ll be able to deploy a Splunk environment that you’ll create by yourself.
This is the 3rd course designed and guided by Bigdata ABC in this list (refer to point number 6 and 8). In a span of 7 hours and 22 minutes, you’ll be going through 81 lectures provided by their team to become a pro in Splunk. As they specialize in teaching this technology, many students have found their courses very effective for practical implementation.
- Understand the admin and UI of the software post installation.
- Step into license and index management along with configuration of files.
- Move ahead with authentication, data input and troubleshooting.
- Gain detailed knowledge of indexer and search head clustering.
- List published 02/21/2020 with 10 products.