We have searched the web for the best rap hip hop classes. We analyzed over 7,696 rap hip hop courses found on popular education sites like Udemy and Coursera and rated them based on course instructors, number of reviews, ratings, and more. Below is a list of our top 12 favorite rap hip hop classes. At the very bottom of the post you can check our revision history.
1. A Beginners Guide To Hip Hop Dance Moves
Do you want to learn how to dance? If yes, then sign-up for this course and just groove along. You’ll be learning some amazing hip-hop that’ll make you confident enough to dance at parties. You’ll be learning some upper body moves, lower body moves, full body moves and some grooves. Dance in front of a mirror and see how you look when you’re moving with the beat.
You’ll be dancing along with Erich Reyes, a breakdancer, popper and house dancer in New York. He has been dancing for 13 years, going to different parts of the world to perform on stage and still learning more from the world’s best dance trainers. Dance is his passion and strength that he now shares online as a mentor himself.
- Learn the four foundation grooves, which are forward, circle, back and bounce grooves.
- Make 10 different full body moves like jumping, robocop, body waves and horse stance.
- Tap your feet to some interesting moves like grape vine, running man and the gallop.
- Learn two upper body moves – botting and isolations.
2. Learn to Dance: The Hip Hop 2 Step
Do you go to parties with your friends and see you can’t dance as well as they can? If that’s something you wish to work upon, then just sign-up for this course. Using the chunking method of learning how to dance, you’ll be practicing some really cool moves. You’ll be learning some different types of steps in 3 different types of beats – ½ time, 90 bpm and 110 bpm.
You’ll be trained by a professional dance tutor, Ceech Hsu. He teaches dance and physical education at Mission College in Santa Clara as well as Cabrillo College in Aptos. Having 20 years of experience in dancing, he has choreographed and performed for events like Culture Shock San Francisco sponsored by Nike and Mindtricks.
- Start with a simple and up-down side to side step.
- Add the lean and rock back to the up-down and side to side move.
- Learn double time with up-down rock back side to side.
- Dance according to the beats with a change in the tempo.
3. Hip Hop Dance Moves for Beginners – Hip Hop Fundamentals
Another course designed for complete beginners, become an energetic hip-hopper from being a complete non-dancer through this set of videos. It starts with making you familiar with the foundation of hip-hop, the basic grooves that you need to make with the rhythm and beats. Then, you’ll be learning some down-grooves and up-grooves to become a pro dancer.
Brian Bee is not just a professional dance instructor but is also the best club dancer on YouTube. His forte is in making non-dancers feel comfortable on the dance floor as he teaches them how to move to the beat. He has got more than 45000 subscribers, 300+ tutorials, 13000+ students, 15 courses and more than 12 dance programs.
- Start with the basic grooves to dance with the beats.
- Learn some interesting down groove moves like running man, reebok, smurf and jack.
- Practice some upgroove moves like pepper, reject, bart simpson and biz markie.
- Connect everything you learnt together and see yourself dancing.
4. Lyricology: The Perfect Formulas for Hip-Hop Songwriting!
Hip-hop is not just a style of dance, but also a form of music. This course is meant for musicians, singers and songwriters who would love to create a hip-hop song. Bring out the poetry, music and artist in you to write a hip-hop song that includes both lyrics and music. By the end of the course, you’ll be aware of multiple ways of writing a song.
Meet the hip-hop artist and producer from California, Andre Gainer. He has been songwriting for 12 years and producing hip-hop for 15 years. On top of it, he has released 13 projects, developed a wireless self-DJing hip-hop stage show and played with bands. Since the last 3 years, he has started teaching students everything he knows.
- Introduce yourself to the various styles of writing a song.
- Understand the subject matter and chorus etiquette that you need in your song.
- Rewrite an existing song to make it sound your way.
- Learn how to organize lyrics to make the song more perfect.
5. Hip Hop Dance For Beginners
If you don’t see yourself as a dancer in the mirror but picture yourself to be one in your imagination, then this is the time to change it. Register for this beginners course on hip-hop dancing and start learning how to move and groove according to the beats. With the basic 8 counts, you’ll get help with moving along with the music smoothly.
Your dance instructor, Emeroy Bernardo has been dancing ever since he was 8 and began teaching way back in 2004. He has got dancing experience with international companies like Antics, Culture Shock and Movin’ On Up Productions. Moreover, he has also performed for LA Sparks, Los Angeles Rose Parade and LA Clippers.
- Learn to do dance steps with the basic 8 count and start moving with the beat.
- Start with songs like Numb, Greedy and In My Feelings.
- Move to the intermediate level with the songs I Like It, Shut Up, Ocean Drive and Cold Water.
- As you get hold of dancing, learn 8 more songs and see yourself dance like a pro.
6. The Complete MEGA JAM Hip Hop Dance Class
If you’ve had some basic training in dance, then this course will teach you some really unique moves – a fusion of hip hop and street jazz. Along with that, you’ll also be learning some popping, gliding, waving and robotics in your hip hop. Gain mastery in hip-hop dancing within 6 to 9 hours of training and practice.
Your mentor comes from Brisbane, Australia and her name is Jasmine Meakin. She has been dancing since the age of 3 and so far has learnt tap, ballet, street dancing, jazz and hip hop. Her YouTube channel has got 1.4 million subscribers and 400 million views. She has now started teaching online too, where she fuses the dance styles she knows.
- First master sme grooving, stretching and power jam as a beginner.
- Move to the intermediate level learning some turbo jam.
- In cyber jam, you’ll be learning the CYBORG techniques to learn popping and robotics.
- Step to the advanced level of hip hop, which is mega jam.
7. Hip Hop Dance Classes For Complete Beginner’s
Do you face problems dancing along with the beat and choreographer? If yes, then this course will help you strengthen your basics in dancing hip hop. Start with the basic fundamentals of hip hop and move on to learn some interesting grooves and moves so that you can see yourself dance along with the video and do it just right.
Meet Darren R Wong, a member of the Kinjaz from NBC’s World of Dance. He has 15 years of experience in choreography as well as teaching in the hip hop community. Moreover, he has spent 4 years as a lecturer of Breakin’ at the Claire Trevor School of the Arts, University of California and has been a part of Culture Shock, LA too.
- Introduce yourself to the 4 basic grooves of hip hop.
- Learn 5 different steps of down groove as well as up groove.
- Move on to learning 4 more steps of back rock.
- End the course with 4 more steps on front rock.
8. Get Groovy: The Ultimate Guide to learn Hip-hop Social Dance
Are you supposed to dance at a wedding but have no sense of rhythm to do so? If yes, then learn how to dance to the beat through this course. Let yourself loose on the dance floor, bring out your self-confidence and learn some grooves that’ll get you dancing. As you catch up, you’ll be combining various dance moves till you see yourself totally dancing on a song.
Your dance instructor for this course is Quilan Arnold. He graduated in BA from Penn State University and also in Dance from the Ohio State University. Currently, he teaches at Towson University, Baltimore as well as Gibney Dance Centre, New York. He has also performed with NY Philharmonic and has been conducting research in his field.
- Introduce yourself to rhythm and how to groove with it.
- Start with the basic up groove and down groove.
- Move on to learn the bounce, drop and rock steady grooves.
- Combine the steps you’ve learnt to choreograph a complete dance.
9. Hip Hop Line Dancing
From being a complete non-dancer, become a master of hip hop and dance more confidently in parties, weddings or any other public event. This course is totally designed for people who have a strong desire to improve their sense of rhythm and beat to dance more confidently in public. With great ease, learn step-by-step how to dance.
Greg Krucial Carney has been a choreographer for 30 years now and teaches you how to dance hip hop in this course. He has had teaching experience with organizations like Broadway Academy of Performing Arts, Backstage Dance Company, Dance Academy South, The Broadway Academy and Street Beatz Dance Studio.
- Introduce yourself to music and dancing by its rhythm and beats.
- Come forward to learn some hip hop steps at an intermediate level.
- Polish yourself more with advanced level steps.
- Do some more freestyle dancing as you gain smoothness and ease in dancing.
10. Hip Hop Dance Class For Women Plus Workout
This course is recommended for women since the dance steps are more girly in nature. Learn a new style of dancing – contemporary hip hop, which involves dancing with the lyrics of a song and is a lot smoother than the normal hip hop. Apart from that, you’ll also incorporate styles such as Bollywood, belly dancing, chair dance, alter ego and burlesque.
You’ll be trained by Jesse Wong, a professional dancer and choreographer with an experience of at least 15 years. She has been teaching kids as well as adults, starting from basics to complex dances. In fact, she has experience in creating a dance video for Katy Perry and has received 10 million views on her YouTube channel.
- Start with a little bit of warm up by stretching.
- Using the count of 8, learn different steps in various dance routines.
- Practice 2 different dance routines individually and then together.
- Introduce yourself to some contemporary hip hop workout that’ll help you further.
11. Make Your First Hip Hop Track – For Fun and Profit!
If you love to rap, then you’ll enjoy creating your own hip hop music for some time. Install the FL Studio software and join this 2-and-a-half hour class of creating hip-hop music. Learn the theory of music and create some really cool hip-hop melodies on FL Studio. In fact, you can legally and professionally create your own music and sell it online too!
Your mentor for this course is Colin Warn. Being a dance music ghost producer, he has been teaching music production on forums like Laidback Luke production and Max Vangeli “The Lab” for more than 6 years now. He has created more than 200 tracks and received recognition from famous artists like Diplo, Borgeous and Studio DMI.
- Install FL Studio and get used to the interface of the software.
- Learn some music theory and the basic components of a track.
- Create your first, very own hip-hop music on the FL Studio.
- Share and sell your track online legally.
12. Easy-2-Dance-Hip-Hop|The Ultimate Hip Hop Dance Course
Do you dream of dancing like Usher, Chris Brown or Jason Derulo? If yes, then this course on hip-hop dancing is the ultimate one to learn how to dance on your own. There won’t be any fixed choreographed dance, but instead you’ll learn plenty of moves and independently combine them to make your own choreography.
Dance along with Lolu Fenuyi, a hip hop and break dancer from England. Lolu is extremely passionate about dancing and has been doing so since 2008. He has taken part in several competitions and stage shows, both in the UK as well as abroad, including the University Breakdance Championships of his University.
- Start with learning the basic hip-hop steps and dance with the beat.
- Learn the back spin, cross spin and heel spin.
- Glide in three different ways as you dance.
- Practice the two hip hop get downs – pin drop and James Brown splits.
- List published 04/11/2020 with 12 products.