We have searched the web for the best project planning classes. We analyzed over 9,348 project planning courses found on popular education sites like Udemy and Coursera and rated them based on course instructors, number of reviews, ratings, and more. Below is a list of our top 5 favorite project planning classes . At the very bottom of the post you can check our revision history.
1. Microsoft Project 2016 For Beginners: Master the Essentials
Have you ever tried Microsoft Project 2016 for project management? If not, then this course will help you do your work in a much more organized and efficient manner. You’ll be using calendars and timelines as well as allocating resources in order to work with deadlines and costs. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to master the use of this software both on desktops and phones.
This course has been designed by Simon Sez IT. The organization has been providing software training courses to students, professionals and even Fortune 500 companies since 2008. They have 158 courses in total and are known for creating more than 5,000 stress-free eLearning videos, having more than 432,000 students across 180 countries.
- Install the software and get used to its interface.
- Understand the basics of tasks,subtasks, dependencies, deadlines and milestones.
- Work with costs, resources timelines, baselines views and critical paths.
- Use tables, notes, gantt chart, calendar, tracking, reporting and the organizer.
2. Advanced Project Management (3/4): Project Planning (cont.)
If you want to pursue project management as a profession or part of your work, then this course is perfect for you. Designed for complete beginners, you’ll be taken till an advanced level where you’ll learn about quality management & control, measurability, guerilla tactics and various organizational structures. You’ll be using a project plan template for all of it.
Jamal Moustafaev is a professional project and portfolio manager and your instructor for this course. In his 20 years of work experience, he has gained expertise in scope definition, corporate training and process improvement. He has worked for both private and government organizations in the IT, retail, software, banking, e-commerce, finance, oil & gas projects.
- Start with planning of the project quality along with HR management.
- Use various features of the project management office and manage various issues.
- Work upon project communication and meetings.
- Report your performances after handling risk and procurement management.
3. Microsoft Project : How to Build a Detailed Project Plan
Are you a project or business manager willing to boost your skills? If yes, then this beginners course on project management will be perfect for you. You’ll be creating, analyzing and interpreting a fully functional project plan with links, resources and costs. Towards the end of your lessons, you’ll be a pro with Microsoft Project.
Your tutor for this course is Brett Anderson, a certified project management professional. He initially studied economics after which he went to a project management institute. His area of work lies in various construction, infrastructure, mining, health and government projects. He has been using Microsoft Project since 2006 and shares the experience in this course.
- Setup Microsoft Project and take a look at its interface.
- Create a detailed project plan to work upon.
- Start defining and allocating resources as part of your planning.
- Analyze the plan and outputs of the project.
4. Project Management With MS Project – Scheduling Master Class
Have you been doing project management professionally without Microsoft Project? If yes, then you need this course to save on a lot of time and gain more accuracy in your work. This software has tools and features like calendars, relationships, WBS, dependencies, tables, automatic scheduling and resource tracking for organizing your project plans better.
Igor Ovchinnikov is a professional software development trainer from San Francisco with more than 15 years of experience. His clients are not just individuals but also include big companies like Apple, Google, Bayer, Stanford University, University of California, Stryker Endoscopy and Altera while IBM and Waterhouse Coopers have been his ex-employers.
- Start MS Project with custom calendars and tasks.
- Learn how to use critical path methods, resources and fields.
- Set your project baseline and work with views, tables, timelines and reports.
- View information and track your project schedule on the software.
5. Project Initiation and Planning (PMI-PMP)
This course has been designed for entrepreneurs and businessmen to help manage projects professionally, efficiently and in an organized manner. This professional certification program will teach you project integration management, project charter, project creation and project planning with the help of a software.
You’ll be guided by Sorin Dumitrascu, a professional management trainer and program manager with more than 10 years of work experience. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Law and Public Administration and a master’s degree in International Relations and Policy Making. His area of experience in project management lies with civil services, law, NGOs and HR.
- Start with project integration management groups and processes.
- Move on to the development and techniques used in project charter.
- Work on compilation of a project management plan using various inputs.
- Plan 2 projects of your own and work upon their initiation before obtaining your certificate.
- List published 04/19/2020 with 05 products.