We have searched the web for the best PHP classes. We analyzed over 7,143 PHP courses found on popular education sites like Udemy and Coursera and rated them based on course instructors, number of reviews, ratings, and more. Below is a list of our top 12 favorite PHP classes. At the very bottom of the post you can check our revision history.
1. Web Applications for Everybody Specialization
This is a program module that has 4 specialization courses. The courses below on building database applications and building web applications in PHP are specialization courses under this program. Charles Russell Severance, a professor at the University of Michigan and one of the top online instructors on Coursera happens to mentor all the 4 courses.
- Learn the basics of building web applications using PHP in the first course.
- In the second course, introduce yourself to My SQL.
- By integrating PHP and SQL, create database applications in the 3rd course.
2. Building Web Applications in PHP
If you’re willing to take up the above program, then you start with this course. Here, you’ll be introduced to the basic structure of a web application, HTML, CSS and PHP. Understand the interaction between a web browser and a web server and the request/response cycle. You’ll als be looking into various arrays, variables, logic, iteration, error handling and other elements.
You’ll be trained by Charles Russell Severance, a clinical professor from the University of Michigan School of Information. He teaches database designing, web development and programming. On top of this, he happens to be the author of the books “Python for Everybody”, “Sakai: Free as in Freedom” and “Using Google App Engine”.
- Introduce yourself to dynamic web content.
- Learn the programming languages of HTML, CSS, PHP and SQL.
- Gain insights into PHP arrays and functions.
- Create HTML forms and process them using PHP.
3. Building Database Applications in PHP
Professor Charles Russell Severance from the University of Michigan will be training you for this course as well. Apart from teaching and writing books, his work history also includes hosting a television show called Internet:TCI and a writer for the IEEE Computer Magazine for the column Computing Conversations.
- Start with object oriented patterns in PHP.
- Connect PHP to My SQL using portable data objects.
- Learn about cookies, sessions, redirecting, routing and authentication with PHP.
- Create your first and very own CRUD (Create, Read, Update and Delete) application.
4. PHP with PDO: Build a Basic Task List with PHP, PDO & MySQL
Using your basic understanding in PHP and SQL, dwell into the concept of PHP data objects, an API used to connect SQL databases to PHP. You’ll be sending requests via Ajax, handling errors, performing CRUD operations and learning advanced features of PDO, till you’re capable of building your very own task list.
Your tutor, Terry Ogbemudia Osayawe is a web developer by profession with a bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering from the University of East London. Apart from that, he’s also certified as an Oracle Database Professional and trains students in web development, Oracle Financial 11i, Linux Operating System and software development.
- Introduce yourself to PHP data objects and how it is used to connect to SQL.
- Perform CRUD (Create, Read, Update and Delete) operations using PDO.
- Bind parameters to prepared statements.
- Learn more advanced features like data fetching, transactions and building a task list.
5. PHP Crash Course — Learn PHP in 90 minutes.
Are you looking for a beginner’s course in PHP? If yes, then this crash course will not only introduce you well to the basics but also take you deeper into the concepts. Starting from software installation, you’ll learn to write your first line of code and gain insights into the fundamentals like variables, loops, constants, data types, functions, arrays and forms.
- Install PHP and learn the basics of its code.
- Learn the syntax starting with variables, code comments, quotes and apostrophes.
- Move on to study the various data types, strings and constants.
- Code with loops, arrays, functions, conditional statements and forms.
6. PHP & MySQL – Certification Course for Beginners
This is another complete beginners course for learning PHP and SQL. Starting from the basic coding with PHP programming language and SQL command line statements, you’ll be integrating the two together towards the end of this course. Towards the end, you’ll be mastering both the programming languages.
The course has been designed by the team of YouAccel Training. It is one of the best online training institutes for courses on business, IT, marketing, design and productivity having more than 40 courses. Apart from lectures, their learning modules have practical assignments, quizzes and examinations that enable you to get hands-on knowledge on whatever you’re learning.
- Introduce yourself to the basics of PHP.
- Learn about PHP variables, constants, strings, objects and data types.
- Work with conditional statements, loops, functions, forms and arrays.
- Introduce yourself to My SQL and integrate it with PHP functions.
7. PHP for Beginners – Become a PHP Master – CMS Project
This is one of the most detailed courses you can take up as a beginner in PHP. All you might need is a little knowledge in HTML. The aim of this course is to make you independent for creating an entire content management system with themes, plugins and features. Using PHP and SQL, you’ll be working on this project as you learn the programming language.
You’ll be trained by Edwin Diaz, who’s teaching along with the team of Coding Faculty Solutions. He is a software engineer, web technology engineer and an entrepreneur having multiple companies. He has thousands of clients growing everyday and more than a million students now learning web technology from him.
- Start with understanding PHP data types, control structures, custom and built-in functions.
- Learn how to use forms and databases in PHP.
- Introduce yourself to PHP security and object oriented PHP.
- Create your own content management system like WordPress, having all features and functionalities.
8. Getting Started with PHP 7
Are you willing to become a professional web developer? If yes, then this course will teach you to use the latest version of PHP for object oriented programming. You’ll be learning SOLID design principles, dependency management and various PHP design patterns which will train you to develop backend web applications.
- Install My SQL, PHP7 and Web Server Apache on your PC.
- Learn advanced techniques to work with PHP.
- Work with My SQL databases, object oriented programming and SOLID principles.
- Study advanced methods of OOP and various design patterns.
9. Learn PHP Basics
If you aspire to become a web developer, learning PHP will benefit you the most. Designed for absolute beginners, this course first teaches you how to code in PHP. starting from learning various data types and variables, you’ll be working with arrays, functions, statements and loops. By the end of the course, you’ll be able to create your own web applications independently.
- Install XAMPP localhost machine in your computer.
- Work with various PHP data types, arrays, functions, loops and statements.
- Gain insights on object oriented programming.
- Create websites and web applications using PHP code.
This course has been designed by the team of Infinite Skills, an online institute in Canada that has more than 300 different courses and more than 1 million students. Using high-quality videos, they aim to provide a practical hands-on experience and real-life training skills to their students to make them competent and stand-out in the professional world.
- Introduce yourself to PHP and My SQL.
- Start with PHP variables, tags, conditional statements and functions.
- Learn how to program with My SQL.
11. Beginner PHP and MySQL Tutorial
From being a complete fresher, gain skills on PHP, My SQL, CSS and HTML to create your own websites, web applications and database solutions. In this course, starting from installing the software for PHP and My SQL coding, you’ll learn how to configure settings and work with a user-interface and database backend for developing your own projects.
This course has also been created by the team of Infinite Skills, where more than 271,000 students have enrolled. With a mission to educate students, they are providing this course free of cost to you. Your main tutor, Robert will train you to use several free technologies, whether you wish to open your start-up or are working for a big company.
- Start with outputting, variables and data processing in PHP.
- Integrate SQL database with PHP codes.
- Learn how to handle errors and PHP security.
- Work with PHP functions using external files for generating emails and other practical projects.
12. Learn PHP – For Beginners
This is the most beginners level course on PHP that anybody can opt for. The scope of PHP is unlimited in the field of web and software development. In this course, you’ll learn the basics of PHP coding through which you can move further to learn web development. This basic course on PHP will help you go further to learn website, application and database development.
- Work with PHP variables, syntax, keywords and data types.
- Understand how conditional statements work in PHP.
- Learn how to work with functions, loops and arrays.
- Introduce yourself to PHP forms and learn to validate them.
- List published 06/15/2020 with 12 products.