We have searched the web for the best object oriented programming classes. We analyzed over 7,907 object oriented programming courses found on popular education sites like Udemy and Coursera and rated them based on course instructors, number of reviews, ratings, and more. Below is a list of our top 10 favorite object oriented programming classes . At the very bottom of the post you can check our revision history.
1. Object Oriented Programming with Java
Are you still a student willing to learn Java programming from scratch? If yes, then this beginners course will clear all the basic foundations of object oriented programming using Java. As you learn all the basic features and commands of the programming language, you’ll move to advanced levels of OOP with exception handling, working with various files and graphical applications.
You’ll be trained by Samir Thakkar, a professor at an engineering college. For the past 13 years, he has been teaching C++, Java, C, PHP, web services, Ajax, database technologies, HTML, operating systems, cyber security, computer organization and system analysis & design. Recently, he has stepped into the field of online education with this course on Java.
- Introduce yourself to the architecture and interface of Java.
- Learn the basics, loops, selection statements, objects and classes in Java programming.
- Understand the features and inheritance of the programming language.
- Practice exception handling, working with utilities, multithreading, GUI applications and other files.
- Introduce yourself to the concept of object oriented programming.
- Create a prototypical inheritance of your own and work on it.
- Use the features and tools of the ES6 classes and modules.
3. Object Oriented Programming with C# – Beginner to Advanced
Do you want to take your programming skills to a new height? If yes, then this course on object oriented programming uses C#. With your experience in C# or any other programming language, you’ll be learning about objects, classes, namespaces and class constructors. From here, you’ll be writing your code with more perfection as you implement the principles of OOP.
Follow the instructions given by Tod Vachev carefully to learn your lessons well. He has graduated as a robotics engineer from the Technical University of Varna and has gained several years of work experience as a developer. Majority of his experience lies in working independently and teaching students C#, MATLAB and online business.
- Start with the building blocks of object oriented programming.
- Create a new project, class, folders and namespaces.
- Learn to write as well as hide your code in an optimized fashion.
- Understand the usage of various keywords, 5 access modifiers, inheritance, base and derived classes.
4. Beginning C++ Programming – From Beginner to Beyond
This is a beginners course on C++ implemented with object oriented programming that takes you till the advanced level. You’ll be learning plenty of coding aspects with C++ like loops, functions, calculations and pointers. Coming to OOP implementation, learn to create classes and objects and use the basic standard template library.
Frank J Mitropoulos will be training you in this course along with the team of Tim Buchalka’s learning programming academy. Frank has a BS, MS and a PhD in computer science with 30 years of experience in the field. On the other hand, Tim Buchalka, the founder of his programming academy has 35 years of experience as a software developer.
- Install and setup C++ Compiler or CodeLite on your PC.
- Understand the structure of a C++ program.
- Learn about variables, constants, arrays, vectors, statements, operators and other features of C++.
- Move on to learning OOP classes and objects like polymorphism, exception handling and smart pointers.
5. Object Oriented Programming With C# and Visual Studio 2017
This course has been designed for students and professionals who have basic knowledge of C# but little or no knowledge of object oriented programming. You need to be a fast learner who can follow the pace at which your tutor will be explaining you superficially about classes, objects, fields, variables, access modifiers and other complicated topics on C# and OOP.
The instructor of this course names himself as A O. He has obtained a BA in mathematics, MA in statistical programming and several professional certifications. These include deep learning with python, data science with python, data science research methods with python, introduction to artificial intelligence and math for machine learning.
- Install Visual Studio Community 2017 and get used to the interface.
- Start with getting a base knowledge of class concepts.
- Learn how to establish class hierarchies.
- Move on to advanced concepts like access modifiers, event handling, strings, keywords and polymorphism.
6. PLC Object Oriented Programming :Advanced Infrastructure
If you are a software engineer with basic knowledge in C/C++ and PLC programming, then this course will polish your skills in two fields – PLC programming and object oriented programming. You’ll be creating your own layer based design, scalable PLC design and a reusable PLC program and use various software design patterns, structured text and IEC-61131-3 standard.
Mouhammad Hamsho is an electric engineer by profession as well as your mentor in this course. His work experience includes designing industrial automation projects, programming control panels for PCL/DCS, SCADA & HMI and programming on ABB, Delta, Schneider, Siemens and AllenBradley.
- Quickly brush-up your skills on structured text.
- Learn about class, methods and properties in OOP.
- Gain advanced skills in inheritance and polymorphism.
- Learn to use access specifiers, interfaces, abstractions, delegations and FSM.
7. Byte Size Chunks: Java Object-Oriented Programming & Design
If you’re new to object oriented programming but have a basic knowledge in Java, then you can follow the lessons in this course. You’ll be starting with the most basic concept of OOP, which includes objects, classes, interfaces and inheritance. From here, you move to more advanced levels of programming with strings, access modifiers and polymorphism.
You have a team of 2 instructors for this course – Janani Ravi and Vitthal Srinivasan, who call themselves the Loonycorn. They have studied at Stanford as well as IIM Ahmedabad after which they have gained work experience in Bangalore, Singapore and the US. Both have worked for Google and Flipkart, Janani has further experience with Microsoft and Vitthal with Credit Suisse & INSEAD.
- Introduce yourself to objects and classes and work with them.
- Move on to coding with Java using strings, classes and objects.
- Learn about various packages and jars in programming.
- Implement the 4 OOP design principles in your code.
You’ll be trained by the team of Infinite Skills, an online academy popular for providing 330 e-learning courses on several subjects. This Canadian company has plenty of experienced instructors designing courses and creating high-quality video content for the same. They have more than 1 million students from several parts of the world.
This fun and interactive course has been designed by the team of DigiFisk. The online academy has 14 courses, all of which are based on practical learning, all in the field of computer programming languages. Without boring theory, they provide detailed explanations in their classes and have trained more than 44,000 students so far.
- Start with learning the basics of HTML5 and CSS.
- Design the style and interface of the app.
10. C# Intermediate: Classes, Interfaces and OOP
This course has been designed for C# developers with little or no knowledge in object oriented programming. Using the C# programming language, you’ll be learning about all the fundamentals of OOP, starting from classes, fields, constructors, methods and indexers and moving on to inheritance, polymorphism and interfaces.
This course too has been designed by Mosh Hamedani (refer to point no. 2). He has got 13 years of practice with C# and shares the knowledge he has gained out of studies as well as practical exposure. In a span of 6 hours, he clarifies all the concepts that deal with OOP using the C# programming language.
- Introduce yourself to classes in OOP.
- Learn about inheritance, constructors and access modifiers.
- Move on to the third main concept of OOP, which is polymorphism.
- Deal with interfaces, testability and extensibility.
- List published 04/15/2020 with 10 products.