We have searched the web for the best network security classes. We analyzed over 10,000 network security courses found on popular education sites like Udemy and Coursera and rated them based on course instructors, number of reviews, ratings, and more. Below is a list of our top 12 favorite network security classes . At the very bottom of the post you can check our revision history.
1. ICS/SCADA Network Security Monitoring (NSM)
Are you looking forward to conducting the ICS or SCADA network security monitoring? If yes, then using your intermediary skills in PCAP, setting up security onion linux distribution, industrial control systems, supervisory control and data acquisition and network security monitoring, step to the advanced level of ICS/SCADA network security monitoring.
Your tutor for this course is Ed Galarza. He finished his masters in electrical engineering with specialization in cyber security. After that, he has been working with ICS/SCADA network security in the electric power sector for more than 16 years now. He has gained many other cyber security certifications and shares all his knowledge and experience in this course.
- Learn about kibana that is used for network security monitoring.
- Introduce yourself to German BSI website and tristation SIS malware snort rules.
- Gain an understanding of Nozomi networks tricotools Github resources.
- Update snort rules for German BSI tristation rules and view its alerts in SGUIL.
2. The Complete Cyber Security Course : Network Security!
Do you aspire to protect the world from hackers, Trojans, cyber criminals and other malware that can hamper the privacy of millions? If yes, then this course will give you a full-fledged hands-on experience of browser security and search engine privacy. Study about the different types of firewalls and network monitoring while you identify malware and hackers.
Nathan House is a qualified cyber security professional with 24 years of work experience and your trainer for this course. He has graduated in networks and communication with 1st class honors and has several professional certifications. Currently, he happens to be the CEO of Station X and has had clients like Vodafone, VISA, Royal Bank of Scotland and BG Group.
- Gain a deeper understanding of port and vulnerability of routers.
- Learn about the different types of firewall, network monitoring and search engines privacy.
- Gain insights of network attacks and how we are tracked online.
- Learn how to prevent tracking, establish browser security and authenticate passwords.
3. Network Security Analysis Using Wireshark, Snort, and SO
Whether you’re already a cyber security professional or still a student, using your basic knowledge in TCP/IP, information security, packet captures, OS and IDS, learn how to analyze network traffic in this course. This includes malware infection, policy violations, brute force attacks and exploitation with metasploit.
You’ll be trained by Jesse Kurrus, an expert in cyber security. He has completed his BS in computer networks and security as well as MS in information technology, specializing in information assurance. Some of his strengths include network security monitoring, intrusion detection, SIEM technology, PCAP analysis and penetration testing.
- Using VirtualBox, set-up a Security Onion on your machine.
- Analyse how malware infection and brute force attacks take place.
- Understand how network security is exploited with metasploit and other policy violations.
- Setup vulnerable VM VirtualBox and make a Snort/PCAP analysis on Windows 7 and Ubuntu Server 12.04.
4. Cisco ASA Firewall Fundamentals: Basics of Network Security
Are you a complete beginner to computer networks and their security? If yes, then you can start off with your line of interest from this course. You’ll be learning about network security solutions provided by Cisco, one of the largest network security vendors in the world. You’ll be learning about virus protection, firewall, intrusion prevention and VPN – all through Cisco ASA.
You’ll be guided by the team of Teach Apex and Teach Apex Pro. The organization is known for providing e-education of good quality to thousands of students. Mostly, their courses are based on IT as the tutors in their team belong to that background. While the team of Teach Apx provides 9 courses, the Pro team has 4 courses.
- Introduce yourself to the concept of a firewall and its usage.
- Learn about the various types and features of a firewall.
- Gain detailed knowledge of Cisco ASA firewalls.
- Get access control lists of the Cisco ASA solutions.
5. The Complete Nmap Ethical Hacking Course : Network Security
Do you find hacking to be cool? If yes, then you can go for ethical hacking – something that is legal and can be fun for you to do as well. With your basic knowledge in TCP/IP, operating systems and the internet, you’ll be getting a practical hands-on experience of Nmap that’ll teach you discovering vulnerable hosts through ethical hacking and system administration.
This course has also been designed by Nathan House (refer to point 2). Apart from his degree and massive work experience he has a list of professional certifications that made him the genius he is. These include SABSA chartered architect foundation, information systems security, information systems auditing, information security management, ISMS lead auditing, ethical hacking and offensive security.
- Introduce yourself to the concept of Nmap and install it.
- Learn the basic fundamentals along with target specification, port states and ping scanning.
- Gain insights of various scanning techniques, OS detection and other services on Nmap.
- Gain a deeper understanding of Nmap scripting engine, firewall, IDS evasion and zenmap.
6. Nmap: Network Security Scanning Basics & Advanced Techniques
Nmap is a software that is used for several activities related to network security. This course focuses on penetration testing, ethical hacking, systems administration and other security & IT professional services. You’ll also be learning port scanning, safe scanning and creating your own Nmap scripting engine scripts.
Your course trainer is Jason Wood, an expert in network security, cyber security and network & website security testing. Having an experience of 15 years, he has consulted several clients for fixing vulnerabilities and breaking controls of cyber security. Lately, he has started providing online tutorials on security operations, vulnerability and penetration testing.
- Introduce yourself to the Nmap software and the basics of network scanning.
- Carry out your first Nmap scan according to the legal considerations.
- Discover various vulnerable systems as you run penetration tests.
- Learn about Nmap scripting engine and write your own scripts on it.
7. CCNA Security Real World Labs – Cisco ASA, Network Security
Are you preparing to give a network security exam or looking for a job? For either of the two cases, this course is perfect for you. You’ll be taking the Cisco Security training to learn about ASA firewalls VPNs, ASA firepower services, UTM devices, 2-factor authentication, wireless security, radius and tacacs.
Marious Kuriata is a professional network engineer and your instructor for this course. After getting a post graduate degree in networking & security as well as several certifications in MCSE, MCTS, Cisco CCNA, MCSA, MCP, CCNP, CCSP, CCNA security and Zyxel security professional, he has gained an experience of 20 years in this field.
- Introduce yourself to the basic concepts of CCNA and network security.
- Learn how 2-factor authentication works as an ASA firewall.
- Gain a deeper understanding of ASA firepower services and ASA firewalls.
- Get detailed knowledge of virtual private networks and monitoring.
8. Cyber Security: Network Fundamentals & Network Layer Attacks
Are you preparing for clearing the Cisco examinations? Whether you’re still a student or already a cyber security professional, this course will give you advanced level skills in the fundamental concepts of networking & network security, network layer attacks and ethical hacking. The tools and techniques you’ll use include Wireshark, TCP dump, MAC flooding, ARP & DHCP spoof and VLAN hopping.
Your course instructor, Muharrem AYDIN is not just a cybersecurity expert but also happens to be a computer engineer and an IT lawyer. He has gained more than 20 years of experience in software engineering and 15 years of experience in cybersecurity. The areas of work include penetration testing, source code analysis, ISMS and secure software development.
- Introduce yourself to the fundamentals and reference models of the network.
- Work with the data link, network, transport and application layers.
- Set-up a lab to create and use GSN3 networks.
- Learn more on network sniffing, active network devices, penetration testing and auditing network devices.
9. Network Security
If you’re looking for a beginner’s course on network security, then this course covers quite a lot of details to help you out. The lessons you’ll be learning include how to use Nmap and port scanning, using Metasploit and exploitation, network sniffing and pivoting into a network. These help you discover hosts and vulnerabilities, monitor data flow and protect sensitive information.
The course has been designed by the team of Packt Publishing, an organization that has been designing courses on software and developer learning since 2004. Apart from network security, they have courses on programming languages, data analytics and DevOps. Their library has more than 4000 books and 2,400 video courses.
- Introduce yourself to the basic concept of network security.
- Learn how network scanning and gathering of information takes place.
- Detect as well as troubleshoot various attacks taking place on networks.
- Use firewalls, VPNs, honeypots, intrusion detection systems and other network security tools.
10. Security+ Certification – Network Security Domain
Are you preparing for the Security+ examination? If yes, then this course can help you clear the first section. Out of the total number of 6 sections this certificate examination has, the first one focuses on network security, which is covered in details in this course. With your basic knowledge in TCP/IP, you’ll gain an advanced level knowledge of network security and architecture.
Your tutor, Chad Russel has got an experience of 15 years in the field of cybersecurity. He has a BS in computer science and his professional certifications include CCNP, CISSP, MCDBA and MCSE. As an information security consultant, he has worked with companies like Microsoft, Oracle and SAP.
- Start with learning about networking 101, LAN security and network attacks.
- Secure the perimeters with intrusion detection systems and firewalls.
- Gain more knowledge on network access control and transport layer security.
- Get hands-on experience of Windows VPN configuration.
11. Computer Networks Security from Scratch to Advanced
Designed for both students and professionals in the field of computer engineering and network security, this course covers 10 detailed sections on the latter subject. Starting right from what a computer network really is, you move on to learn about the 7 layers of ISO/OSI model, TCP/IP, wireless networks, firewalls, honeypots, IDS/IPS, wireless and physical network security.
You’ll be guided by Mohammad Adly in this course. He did his BSc in communications and electronics, MSc in computer engineering specializing in video services for distant work in an IP environment and PhD in computer engineering and sciences with specialization in enhanced congestion control for internet media traffic.
- Start with the concept, topologies, categories and devices of a computer network.
- Introduce yourself to the ISO/OSI model and TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Gain a deep insight of firewalls, honeypots, IDS and IPS.
- Learn about both physical as well as wireless network security.
12. Security: Manage Network Security With pfSense Firewall
If you are a security or IT administrator looking forward to boosting your skills, then this course on pfSense might be something new for you to add in your skill set. PfSense is an open source routing and firewall which is highly versatile to use. You’ll be learning about its features, benefits as well as creating, managing and configuring firewall rules.
You’ll be trained by the team of TetraNoodle Technologies, which include – Manuj Aggarwal, Harini Srikanth and Mamta Shanware. The organization has been established in the field of software technology since 2001. Manuj happens to be the principal consultant, CTO and architect, Harini is a software engineer and content developer while is a technical content developer for e-learning courses.
- Introduce yourself to the features and requirements of pfSense.
- Learn how to use pfSense as a firewall, a failover and a load balancer.
- Understand about remote connectivity with pfSense, OpenVPN and APSec.
- Use pfSense as a squid proxy server.
- List published 04/02/2020 with 12 products.