We have searched the web for the best Interaction Design classes. We analyzed over 10,000 Interaction Design courses found on popular education sites like Udemy and Coursera and rated them based on course instructors, number of reviews, ratings, and more. Below is a list of our top 12 favorite Interaction Design classes. At the very bottom of the post you can check our revision history.
1. Animating Sketch files in InVision Studio (2020)
Do you wish to enhance your designing skills? If yes, then InVision Studio is a software that can teach you how to create UI animations. The scope of art and designing has expanded with websites. Using a sophisticated designing environment, you’ll learn to apply animation and interaction to your designs.
Joseph Angelo Todaro is a professional UI/UX designer and your tutor for this course. He has been passionate about designing as well as sharing his knowledge with people. He has trained several employees of software companies to use art, science and psychology for creating any kind of design.
- Install InVision Studio and learn to use its interface.
- Import a sketch and create interactions on the image.
- Learn how to do motion transition and use the timeline editor.
- Get a hands-on experience of scrolling, pinning and troubleshooting animations.
2. Adobe Photoshop CC – Essentials Training Course
Did you know that Adobe Photoshop is one of the most used software tools among professional designers. It is not just used for editing images, but also for creating illustrative and interactive designs. In this course, you’ll be learning the software from scratch and create as well as edit images that communicate to the audience.
You’ll be trained by Daniel Walter Scott along with the help of Instructor HQ. Daniel is a certified Adobe instructor and expert. He has been in this field for more than 14 years, starting his career from being a media designer and content creator, to becoming an online trainer in the field of design. With the help of Instructor HQ, he has created a high-quality course.
- Start by understanding the concept of layers and color adjustments.
- Learn how to create shapes, add text and use other tools on Photoshop.
- Create smart objects as you learn to make selections, masking, blending and retouching.
- Apply your finishing touches and export the image in the right resolution.
3. User Experience Design Essentials – Adobe XD UI UX Design
If you strive to become a UI/UX designer, then one of the best software tools you can learn to use is Adobe XD 2019. This is a detailed course designed for beginners who have the talent of interacting through art. A UI or UX is designed for websites, apps and software. You don’t have to know coding for that – this course will train you only for designing that look and feel.
This course has also been created by Daniel Walter Scott and Instructor HQ. He has trained more than 257,000 students online and has several courses on designing. Apart from Photoshop and Adobe XD, he also teaches Adobe Illustrator (mentioned in point 7), Adobe InDesign, After Effects, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Animate and Dreamweaver.
- Understand how to use the Adobe XD software.
- Start by prototyping an app and creating a high fidelity UI design.
- Wor with Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop for creating graphics.
- Learn how to create micro-interactions, voice interactions and use various plugins to finish your interactive design.
4. User Experience (UX): The Ultimate Guide to Usability and UX
Do you aspire to become a professional user experience (UX) designer? If yes, then this is the most detailed course available for you. Starting from getting a hands-on experience in understanding what makes a good user experience, you’ll be designing and developing prototypes and testing them that’ll help you obtain the BCS Foundation Certificate in UX.
You’ll be trained by David Travis, a UX consultant working in this field since 1989 after gaining a PhD. Currently, he works for Userfocus and has provided user supportability to brands like Yahoo, Microsoft, HP, Whirlpool, eBay, Orange and Skype. He also happens to be an associate fellow of the British Psychological Society and a member of UX Professionals Association.
- Introduce yourself to the concept of user experience.
- Learn the rules that you need to follow to create a simple layout design.
- Go beyond creating an easy-to-use interface.
- Expand your portfolio and create your own UX designs.
5. Animate Designs Sketch 3 and Photoshop and add Interaction
Are you already a UX designer with a need to boost your skills? If yes, then this course has been designed for intermediate level students owning an Apple computer to work with the required software. By the end of this program, you’ll be capable of creating animated prototypes from your designs and make it interactive.
Your trainer, Adria Jimenez creates software at Xing. He also happens to have work experience with companies like Softonic, Honda, and Fnac, where he has created websites and apps too. His passion lies in coding and also happens to be a great UI/UX designer. He has 10 more courses on desktop app development, designing and prototyping.
- Introduce yourself to the interface of Sketch software.
- Create your first prototype of a shopping cart with transitions and animations.
- Work with content and layers to provide advanced interactions to your design.
- Combine various skills to create a slingshot prototype and many other challenges.
6. Interaction Design Specialization
This is a specialization program that consists of 4 courses to learn design technology – human-centered design, design principles, social computing and input & interaction. Taking up the series of courses in serial order will be beneficial for you to gain in-depth knowledge and skills on user experience design, user interface, user research, prototyping and A/B testing.
You have 3 instructors from the University of California San Diego guiding you through this course – Scott Klemmer, Jacob O Wobbrock and Elizabeth Gerber. Scott teaches cognitive science, computer science and engineering. Jacob also teaches computer science and engineering. On the other hand, Elizabeth is the director of the Design Research Cluster.
- Understand what kind of a design technology works with all kinds of users.
- Introduce yourself to the principles of interactive designing.
- In the 3rd course, you’ll learn to create online communities that provide excellent collaboration experiences.
- Finally, understand the fundamentals of human motor performance, perception and cognition needed for interactive design.
7. UI & Web Design using Adobe Illustrator CC
This is a beginners course to learn Adobe Illustrator CC for creating a responsive web design. Starting from scratch, you’ll learn how to use the software, understand what kind of a UI design works with users and then create your own wireframes. Towards the end, you’ll be able to independently design a UI for websites and apps.
This course has also been created by Daniel Walter Scott and Instructor HQ (refer to points 2 & 3). It is a 4+ hours course designed for absolute beginners. He’ll be helping you with the planning, set-up and creating a wireframe first with hand and then on Illustrator. As you progress, you’ll train yourself to become a pro at UI designing.
- Introduce yourself to Adobe Illustrator CC.
- Learn how to create your own wireframe.
- Create your own UI from scratch with your own fonts, images, icons and symbols.
- Export your final design and train yourself to work as a professional.
8. UI Animation using Sketch 3, Principle App, and Flinto
Sketch is a software that only runs on Mac. Thus, you’ll be needing a Mac machine that has Sketch 3, Flinto and Principle. Trial versions of the apps will also do. Created for web and mobile app designers, this course will train you how to develop the perfect UI that is user-friendly and engaging.
Pablo Stanley is a product designer in San Francisco and your tutor for this course. He’s the designer and co-founder of Carbon Health, a healthcare startup. Creating illustrations, designing and teaching are his passion. He has successfully trained more than 110,000 students, also teaching Photoshop, Framer (mentioned in point 12), Illustrator and UXD fundamentals.
- Start with learning the basics of Sketch 3.
- Learn to create custom shapes, design layout grids, masking, using plugins , button system and navigation bar.
- Use the principle app to learn UI animation and prototyping tools.
- Introduce yourself to Flinto and learn to use the UI animation tool.
If you aspire to become a web developer, learning PHP will benefit you the most. Designed for absolute beginners, this course first teaches you how to code in PHP. starting from learning various data types and variables, you’ll be working with arrays, functions, statements and loops. By the end of the course, you’ll be able to create your own web applications independently.
- Install XAMPP localhost machine in your computer.
- Work with various PHP data types, arrays, functions, loops and statements.
- Gain insights on object oriented programming.
- Create websites and web applications using PHP code.
10. Unity3D – A Basic and Intermediate Work-Along Course
This interactive design course deals with game designing. It is a combination of coding C# and creating graphics with your creativity. Video games and game apps are considered to be highly responsive and interactive with their users. From creating a user-friendly interface to providing animations, you’ll be learning everything.
- Install Unity Editor and learn as you work on your first project.
- Learn how to create objects and provide materials, textures and shaders.
- Provide special effects to your graphics to give a realistic feel.
- Create your animations based on triggers to finish your game.
11. UI Prototyping in Flinto
This is another UI/UX designing course for beginners and Mac users as it involves using the Sketch and Flinto apps. You will be importing resources and files from Sketch and primarily be working with Flinto to learn micro-interaction, animation, transitions and various other tips and tricks to create a prototype of a website or app.
You’ll be learning from professional designer and UX consultant, Greg Rog. He has worked for companies like Google, Microsoft, Adobe and Wacom. In total, he’s had more than 10,000 clients and also runs a software house as well as a training facility. He teaches 10 courses online, all based on UI and UX fundamentals and design.
- Explore the interface of Flinto.
- Learn how to create and organize shapes and vectors.
- Get your hands on various animations for various screens and components.
- Understand the behavior and pattern of scrolling on various screens and devices.
12. Framer Crash Course – Design, Code, and Collaborate
Another software that is efficient for learning interactive interface designing is Framer. This tool is used for drawing as well as coding. It is an advanced prototyping tool which has features like automated layer testing, layer clipping, auto-sequencing and icon management. You also have a fully-featured code editor and in-app documentation that makes your work more efficient.
This course has also been created by Pablo Stanley (refer to point 8). This is one of his short courses on UI/UX designing where he focuses more on creating an interactive UI design with the help of Framer. You’ll also be importing designs from Sketch. This is one of the reasons why you’ll be needing a Mac machine for this course too.
- Introduce yourself to the interface of Framer.
- Gain insights into the code section, animation and artboards.
- Work with layers and components to create complex interactions.
- Add sound and a floating action button to your interaction.
- List published 06/16/2020 with 12 products.