We have searched the web for the Best Godot classes. We analyzed over 46 Godot classes found on popular education sites like Udemy and Coursera and rated them based on course instructors, number of reviews, ratings, and more. Below is a list of our top 10 favorite Godot courses. At the very bottom of the post you can check our revision history.
1. Discovering Godot: Make Video Games in Python
The course will be composed of 188 lectures. The course will cover the lectures about CubeDude Kick about employing 3D tactics. Furthermore, the coverage of Food Fight in 3D will be a big plus as a professional to learn in this course. The course will also allow learning the C-family languages like C-sharp and C++ alongside Python.
- Learn to make video games in 3D using Python
- Composed of 188 lectures divided into 16 subsections further
- With GDScript integration, Python will be a lightweight language to learn for effective programming skills.
- The major requirement for this game development course is to have Godot 3.0.6 or later.
2. Godot: Beginner to Advanced Complete Course
In this course, there will be 32 lectures where the students will be taught game development using Godot which is an open-source game engine. The participants will be taught to create a two-player game – Pong. Alongside that, the course will teach how to create a clone of Super Mario Brothers. The participants will be given assets such as the Character sprites, environments, etc.
- Composed of 32 lectures
- Will teach Super Mario and Pong creation
- Will use function, such as collisions and character movement as well as Vector math to calculate collisions.
3. Godot 3 Complete Developer Course – 2D and 3D
In Godot 3 Complete Developer Course – 2D and 3D, there will be assignments in this course as well to develop a better professional understanding and practice of the skills learned through these courses. Alongside that, these courses will cover almost every aspect of Godot and Python.
- The course will allow to learn android game development and become a game development using the Godot Game Engine.
- This course will cover the use of GDScript from scratch as well as the use of 2D and 3D technologies to design games with Godot 3 Complete Developer Course – 2D and 3D.
- There will be 84 lectures.
4. Godot Getaway: The Godot Course
Godot Getaway: The Godot Course will allow covering 46 lectures by integrating the Godot engine to create new and creative 2D and 3D games. The procedural Generation with Tile maps will be carried out using Remote Procedure Calls. The course will allow working with online networking as well as Vehicle body Nodes integration.
- The course will allow fast 3D game play with games based on multiplayer incorporating direct connection over IP.
- The course will allow the generation of the city, as well as city neighborhoods.
- The course will allow learning more about designing placed props (like lamp posts, traffic cones, parked cars, etc) as well as Vehicle Body physics.
- The course will teach the use of vector math as well for effective 2D games designing
5. The Game Developer Bootcamp
This course will allow you to create games in 2D and 3D while using python 3, GDScript, and GML. From the basics of teaching and installing Godot 3.1 on your PC or laptops to discovering GDScript and the Engine, this course will teach the basic and advanced in a thorough manner. You will be taught the basics of Godot Game Engine 3 as well as the GD Script Platform Demo will be given for the 2D Physics engine. By the end of the course, you will be able to make Platform in Game Maker Studio 2.
- It is composed of 51 lectures
- Will allow the learning of python 3, GDScript, and GML for coding
- You will be taught the basics of Godot Game Engine 3 as well as the GDScript Platform
6. Ultimate Godot Game Developer Projects
If you are looking to learn Godot for developing a game using Godot Engine, then this course will be the best that you can avail for this purpose. With a programming experience of intermediate or beginner level, you can learn to create a 2D game as well as 3D games to navigate the places and nodes while using the gizmo. It has 62 lectures where game development will be taught using modules, scripts, and tools for understanding UI.
- Introduction to various modules, scripts, and tools used in creating a 3D game
- Use of scenes and nodes in 3D games creation
- Use of the concept of kinematic bodies while using any C Language as well as the use of GDScript and Gizmo
7. GD Script – Godot 3.1 game engine script
You will be able to write code in GDScript, and transfer your data and skills for creating 2D and 3D games. The course will cover the training of program compelling 2D word, platform & stealth games. Since it is all about gaming and designing in Godot, you will be taught to make creative and fun games from scratch using GDScript. You can use your familiarity with the C# knowledge including the knowledge of C++ or C Sharp to design games in a user-friendly Godot 3.1 engine.
- It is composed of 22 lectures.
- You will be learning about the use of various programming shortcuts and tools like Boolean assignments for effective coding and designing.
- The course will teach the methods of designing game mechanics such as creating loops, arrays as well as the title screen, GUI and interface with control nodes.
8. Learn Godot by Creating an Awesome Idle Business Tycoon Game
With this course, you will be using Python and GD Script to create a Business tycoon game with Core Game Design and Coding Skills. The games will work on Unity, Unreal, or any Game Engine. The course has 19 lectures and will allow learning a tool like Custom camera, Tile maps, Grids and vectors, Signals, UI and Closing Stream, etc.
- A course has 19 lectures.
- Will cover learning aspects of Godot engine and GD Script and its use with Godot engine
- Will require Godot 3 installation
- This course will cover the use of vectors for Game creations as well as the method of importing Maps from Tiles in Godot
9. Android Game Development with Godot Engine – Create 5 Games!
You can use your familiarity with the C# knowledge including the knowledge of C++ or C Sharp to design exquisite in a user-friendly engine while learning android game development. It has 81 lectures and will allow creating games like Super Mario, Flappy Bird, Timberman, Fruit Ninja, and Hand Spinner.
- Composed of basics to advanced android courses
- Will cover 5 games and will allow creating games which can be published on Play Store
10. Learn Godot Making a Fun Pirate Trading Game
This course will be a detailed introduction to the basics of Godot game engine allowing us to create fun pirate games with a more detailed layout and architecture. It will be based on subsections of Custom camera, Tilesets and Animation, Tilemaps, Grids and Vectors, Steering, the Kraken and isometric movement, Vectors, save and Godot overview and Signals, UI and closing stream. You will learn the use of Godot engine and camera as well as the animation tools in Godot in this course.
- It has 24 lectures.
- Will teach making cites and props as well as other architectural modifications
- List published 1/22/2020 with 10 products.