We have searched the web for the best dog training classes . We analyzed over 469 dog training courses found on popular education sites like Udemy and Coursera and rated them based on course instructors, number of reviews, ratings, and more. Below is a list of our top 10 favorite dog training classes . At the very bottom of the post you can check our revision history.
1. Learn how to groom your dog at home!
Did you just bring a new dog home? Or, are you planning to bring one? For either of the two cases, you’ll have to know how to groom it so that it is safe and hygienic for both of you. From taking care of its fur to cleaning its little ears, watch how you can keep it neat and clean, also making it look pretty.
Karen Maitland has a diploma in dog grooming, a certificate in dog psychology and a certificate in Canine first aid. She owns an Australian Labrador. Using her dog, she teaches you how to groom it from head to toe. You can also check out her YouTube channel “Mrs Ginger and her Dog” to know more about her.
- Start with creating a plan for grooming your dog.
- Check out the various tools and equipment needed for doing so in a hygienic way.
- Learn how to overcome various challenges while grooming your dog.
- Take a look at various demos and techniques.
2. Dog Training: Creating a Solid Foundation for Your Dog
Does your dog listen to you when you ask him to sit, stand or go and fetch something? If not, then perhaps it needs to be trained. Training animals is not a cake walk that anyone can do. You need to learn how to do it and this course teaches you how to train your dog within only 2 weeks. By the end, you’ll be capable of instructing your dog in your language.
You’ll be guided by Nikki Ivey, a professional dog trainer for the last 20 years. She found her own company called DogSpeak, where she trains dogs and consults dog owners who wish to train them. Additionally, this passionate dog lover has also written books and guides that assist dog owners to train their pets.
- First, understand how to build a foundation to train your dog.
- Learn how feeding can be utilised for the purpose.
- Teach your dog to understand and obey your instructions.
- Keep practicing till you finally see some progress.
3. Dog Training – Stop Dog Attacks – Easy Dog Training Methods
Does your dog bark a lot on seeing other dogs? If yes, then this course is extremely helpful to you. This is because you can actually learn to train your dog and control his aggression upon seeing other dogs. Discover interesting facts on dog psychology and understand how you can work upon your dog to make it calm between other breeds.
Your instructor is Sharon Bolt, a featured dog trainer you might have seen in BBC’s documentary “Britain’s Most Embarrassing Pets”. She answers queries on BBC radio and has several guides in written, audio and video form. These include 3 books, 3 CDs, 4 DVDs and innumerable contributions to local & national newspapers, magazines, radio and TV shows.
- Understand the body language of the dog.
- Start catching signals from the dog when he gets aggressive.
- Train your dog to walk calmly in presence of other breeds.
- Learn when a dog can attack and how you can prevent the situation.
4. The Ultimate Dog Training Online Program
Dogs are a lot more adorable when they become attached to you. However, it can be a little suffocating if it literally follows you everywhere and gets agitated when you leave him alone. This situation too calls for dog training. This course provides an A-Z training for your dog, right from controlling his aggression to being a little hygienic instead of littering around.
Gaz Jackson has been training dogs for the last 30 years and is here to help you do it too. He has trained about 20,000 dogs in his career. He has been doing this since he was 15, from a dog training centre. He has a certificate in dog training in obedience, tracking and protecting. He has conducted seminars & workshops, hosted a radio show and helped several dog owners.
- Train your dog to control his aggression under various situations and be calm.
- Teach him to use the toilet instead of using the ground.
- Make your dog understand which rooms or home they cannot enter just like that.
- Get a free e-book on “How to Find and Select Your Ultimate Dog” to learn more.
5. Growl Class – A Workshop Demo for Reactive Dogs
Have you seen your dog developing aggression towards other dogs in time? If yes, then perhaps it is time for you to give him another training. In this course, you’ll learn how to get them under control. However, you’ll understand the instructions better if you have some idea about dog training and how it works.
You’ll be trained by a veterinarian, Dr Ian Dubar. He has a special honors degree in physiology and biochemistry as well as a doctorate in animal behaviour. You can go through his DVDs and books in dog training to know more about him. His puppy socialization and training classes called “SIRIUS Puppy Training” is first one of its kind.
- Examine the cause and level of aggression and anxiety your dog has developed.
- Learn to use the “All or None Reward Training” method to calm him down.
- Re-train him to obey your commands and instructions.
- Ensure that your dog remains social and jolly the whole time.
6. Punishment-Free Dog Training: 30 Day Perfect Dog Blueprint
If you keep chasing around your dog that’s biting stuff and littering around the whole time, you need this course. Having a pet is never easy unless you are able to train your dog to behave himself. In a fun manner, calm your dog and teach him how to understand and obey your instructions, control excitement and come to you when you want.
You’ll be guided by Evan Walton, one of the youngest dog trainers you’ll ever see. He has trained his Dog Suni ever since she was a puppy. His dog had to be given up because she was not given the right training. Ever since then, Evan discovered the right way to do so and teaches you everything he learnt from his mistakes.
- Understand the nature and behaviour pattern of your dog.
- Build-up a strong bond between you and your pet.
- Teach your dog to be patient, calm and courteous.
- Make your dog listen to you, understand what you’re saying and eventually obey you.
7. Dog Training- Leash Manners for the Real World
If you keep your dog on a leash and see he doesn’t like it, this course is for you. Within a period of 1-3 months you’ll be able to stop his barking, jerking and pinching of collars when he’s on leash. Moreover, your dog will be absolutely calm and comfortable to walk properly when controlled by a leash and this may build a foundation to control him without it one day.
This course too is designed and guided by Nikki Ivey (refer to point number 2). After gaining 20 years of experience in dog training, she has now started teaching the same online. She already has a rating of 4.6out of 5 stars and has 2 out of 3 courses designed by her are on this list. To Know more about her, you can find out about DogSpeak, her company for dog training.
- First, figure out the leash manners that you need to teach your dog.
- Understand how to use the leash in the right way so that your dog doesn’t agitate.
- Discover how you can train your dog to walk with the leash.
- Take your dog on a walk with the leash and learn more with experience.
8. Dog Training – BARF – Feed Your Dog A Raw Diet
Have you ever had to take your dog to a vet? If you have observed that certain food items he likes do not suit him, you probably need to change his diet. That too requires some training because dogs can always crave for what they like and not eat everything you give them. This course will help you train your dog to eat the right food that keeps him fit.
This course too is guided by Sharon Bolt (refer to point number 3). She has a diploma in Nutrition and Neuro Linguistic Programming, is a Reiki Master and a Kinesiology practitioner. She is a well-known dog trainer in the UK and has 2 dogs at home. You can view some of her DVDs such as “Dog Training Secrets for Amazing Results” to know more.
- Introduce yourself to the raw food items that are healthy for a dog’s diet.
- Learn about the raw meaty bones dogs feed upon.
- Feed them raw meaty bones and ready made BARFs.
- By the end, improve their diet and feed them only healthy raw food.
9. How to Train a Puppy
There is a difference between a dog and a puppy – not just in terms of age and size but also the way you are supposed to deal with them. If you own a puppy and not a dog, then you need to know if you’re training them right. In this course, you’ll learn how to handle puppies and ensure they grow as well-behaved dogs you aspire to have.
This course is also guided by Dr Ian Dunbar (refer to point number 5). He is an experienced vet and dog trainer. His off-the-leash puppy training class was first designed and started off in 1982. Ever since then, he has been designing several courses on dog and puppy training in the form of videos and customizable blueprints. He has also written 4 books on dog and puppy training.
- Start with the 4 books he has written – 2 on puppies and 2 on dog training.
- Watch all his 15 videos, starting from the “SIRIUS Puppy Training Classic”.
- Get hold of his behavioral blueprints which include cat behaviour too.
- By the end, watch your puppy fully trained and ready to be your ideal dog in future.
10. Dr. Ian Dunbar’s SIRIUS® Dog Trainer Academy – All 4 Days
Do you wish to train dogs on a professional level? If yes, then this course will guide you throughout to train multiple dogs under one roof. Not only that, you will be able to teach and consult other dog owners how they can train their dogs too. Discover the psychology and numerous behaviour patterns of different breeds of dogs and learn to train them all.
This course too is designed and guided by Dr Ian Dunbar (refer to point 5 and 9). He has innumerable course materials for training dogs and puppies – be it in the form of books, videos or blueprints. He has 22 courses on dog training, 3 of which are on this list and has more than 42,000 students, one of the highest among dog training instructors.
- Start with his e-books on “Before You Get a Puppy” and “After You Get a Puppy”.
- Learn how to set-up a business for dog training.
- Observe the difference between dog training classes and training them at home.
- Learn the same for puppies and watch all his blueprints.
- List published 02/20/2020 with 10 products.