We have searched the web for the best computer networking classes . We analyzed over 1940 computer networking courses found on popular education sites like Udemy and Coursera and rated them based on course instructors, number of reviews, ratings, and more. Below is a list of our top 8 favorite computer networking courses. At the very bottom of the post you can check our revision history.
1. Cisco CCNA 200-125 and 200-301 – The Complete Guide
Are you willing to give the Network Associate CCNA examination certified by Cisco? If yes, this course will boost your skills and confidence to crack your exam. Not only that, but you’ll gain several insights of computer networking that’ll prepare you for practical real-world applications. You’ll be independent enough to build up your own lab by the end of the course.
Your trainer for this course, Neil Anderson has an experience of 19 years in this field. For 10 years, he has worked as a network engineer developing Cloud Data Centre systems. Since the last 9 years, he has dedicated himself to training engineers and students for creating the largest Cloud Data Centre deployments for companies like IBM, Cisco, NetApp and Verizon.
- Begin how to set up a lab and host to host communications.
- Introduce yourself to the Cisco IOS Operating System and the various OSI layers.
- Learn how to handle devices, troubleshooting and routers.
- Get thorough with the various protocols, network securities and cloud computing before direct preparation for the upcoming CCNA examination.
2. IT Networking Fundamentals: CompTIA Network+ 2016
Are you preparing yourself for the CompTIA Network+ N10-006 certification exam? Well, this course might be a great help to you. In fact, any IT technician in the field of networking who needs a certificate or boost in his or her skills can take up this course. Having a basic knowledge in computer networking is enough to smoothly start with this course.
The course is designed and presented by LearnSmart LLC. Ever since 1997, this company has been providing high-quality IT certification training courses along with other professional skills. They provide certifications from vendors such as Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, CompTIA and PMI. Apart from individuals, they have provided training to companies, universities and armed forces too.
- Start with the fundamentals of TCP/IP.
- Move on to network infrastructure services and devices.
- Learn about the installation and configuration of various networks.
- Gain advanced insights on security, troubleshooting and other networking concepts.
3. IT Networking Basics: n00b to Ninja
Do you wish to kickstart your career in computer network administration? This course starts right from the basics to clarify all your concepts and prepares you to sit for the Security+ exam. Not only that, but the skills you acquire here can also be applied in your current job and make you more efficient. From here, to take a journey ahead in your career.
Vonnie Hudson, your tutor for this course, has 13 years of experience in maintaining and troubleshooting computer software as well as hardware. Starting his career as a technical support analyst, he is currently a senior cyber security analyst at a large DC based firm. Apart from instructing online, he also shares his knowledge through his blog, YouTube channel and Kindle book.
- Introduce yourself to the very basics of networking.
- Move on to learn about DHCP, DNS and ARP.
- From IP addresses and networks, go into the details of masks and subnets.
- Learn all about NAT, ports and WAN technologies.
4. Cisco CCNA / ICND1 (100-105) Complete Course: Sims and GNS3
Do you wish to step into the world of computer networking? It’s OK if you don’t know anything about it because this course will teach you everything from scratch. Moreover, it advances up to the level to prepare you for the Cisco CCNA or CCENT certification exams. Get all the tricks and hacks to crack your exam along with some practical learning that is useful in future too.
David Bombal along with his team of experts teaches you all about computer networks from the basics. In 2003, he cleared his Internet Expert Routing and Switching examination certified by Cisco. He cleared the CCIE on his first attempt and now, for 15 years has been a qualified Cisco Certified Systems Instructor. He has more than 283,000 students and 100,000 YouTube subscribers.
- Start from the basic concepts of computer network.
- Learn about binary, OSI Model, hexadecimal, IP addressing, Cisco IOS Software and IP subnetting.
- Move on to GNS3, ARP, TCP-UDP, DHCP DNS and VLOGs.
- After covering several other concepts required for ICND1, get various cheat sheets for exam preparation.
5. The Complete Networking Fundamentals Course. Your CCNA start
If you aspire to work as a networking engineer, then the CCNA certification by Cisco will give you a real push in your career. From the ground level, learn everything you need to now about computer networks and prepare yourself for the Cisco certified CCNA examination. This is a detailed course of 684 lectures spread over 64+ hours.
This course too has been designed and guided by David Bombal and his team. Two of the instructors in his team are Hank Preston and Chuck Black. Hank is a post graduate in Information Systems and has the CCIE R/S 38336 from Cisco. Chuck, on the other hand has experience in developing software for networking since 1981 and has 15 patents in network topology.
- Get started with the basics of networking and network architecture.
- Move on to the concepts of hubs switches, routers and IP addresses & subnetting.
- Learn about cabling, network topologies, ethernet, TCP, UDP, DNS and DHCP.
- Step into routing, VLANs, Cisco device configurations, ACLs, SDN and OpenFlow.
6. Introduction to Computer Networks for Non-Techies
You don’t have to belong to a technical background to understand computer networks anymore. This is because this course helps you set your foot into this field if you’re eager to learn. You could be a student, a business professional or an aspiring IT network professional. However, if you have experience in this field, this course won’t be of any help to you.
Alton Hardin, your course instructor is a business & IT professional in the field of cyber security. He holds two master’s degrees – one in MBA and another in MS in IT network management. He also holds CISSP, ITIL, Network+, Security+ and Project+ certifications. Apart from teaching online, he has also taught students in the School of Business & Public Administration in the field of IT management.
- Understand the basics of computer networks and how they work.
- Move on to network topologies, devices and cabling.
- Learn about the OSI and TCP/IP models as well as switches, routers and wireless networking.
- Conclude with the concepts of network security, design and real-world applications.
7. OSI 7 Layers and Networking Background Concepts
The best part about online courses are that they are open to all – no stressful entrances or heavy fees are required. This course on computer networking has literally no eligibility criteria. No matter what background you come from, if you have keen interest in computer networking, this course will clarify the most basic concepts and build-up a foundation for you to move ahead professionally.
Your tutor for this course is Professor Matthew Fried. He has been teaching computers, networks, C++, C#, Python, mathematics and finance for 1 years now, currently teaching in Lander College, SUNY Farmingdale, Queens College and University of Connecticut. He has now started teaching online and this is one of the 10 courses he has designed.
- Introduce yourself to computer networks and their connection with arithmetic.
- Move on to the concepts of logic gates and designing.
- Learn in detail about network algorithms and error correction as well as detection.
- Conclude the course with a brief understanding of data compression.
8. Network IP Services Practical Labs
If you aspire to make a career in the field of IT networking, the best way to do so is by cracking examinations providing you with valuable certifications. This course is for all students who wish to crack the exams and kick start their career in networking. A basic knowledge on the concepts of networking such as OSI or IP subnetting is recommended.
You will be trained by Ashish, who is CCNA and ITILv3 certified and also has a master’s degree in this field. He is a passionate tutor having more than 20,000 students from all over the world. He strives to strike a balance between the demand and supply of IT network professionals in the job market by providing relevant skills to his students to get a desired job in the field.
- You start with the implementation of DHCP on Cisco routers.
- Take a step ahead to learning about network address translation.
- Learn about gateway redundancy protocols.
- Clear all your queries and prepare yourself for a competitive examination.
- List published 02/21/2020 with 8 products.