We have searched the web for the best Certified Public Accountant classes . We analyzed over 1,084 Certified Public Accountant courses found on popular education sites like Udemy and Coursera and rated them based on course instructors, number of reviews, ratings, and more. Below is a list of our top 7 favorite Certified Public Accountant classes . At the very bottom of the post you can check our revision history.
1. CPA Exam (FAR): Income Taxes, In a Snap!
Did you know you could master income taxes in financial accounting and reporting using just 3 journal entries? Apart from that, there are several other things that you’ll get to clarify in this course that’ll help you clear your CPA examinations for financial accounting and reporting. These include recording & analyzing net operating losses & calculating deferred tax assets & liabilities.
You’ll be guided by the team of Test Prep in a Snap. This online institute specializes in preparing students to clear their CPA examinations in the first attempt. Your main instructor will be Liz Cho, the founder of this online tutorial who has cleared all the 4 CPA examinations in the first attempt after studying for only 3 months.
- Record income taxes in FAR using 3 journal entries.
- Understand temporary and permanent differences.
- Calculate deferred taxes at different rates and net operating losses.
- Clarify your concepts on valuation allowance, presentations, disclosures and IFRS.
2. CPA Exam: Consolidations & Business Combinations, In a Snap!
Once you’re done with the intermediary level, it’s time to prepare for the advanced level CPA exam for FAR. This course will focus upon clarifying concepts on consolidations and business combinations. You’ll be recording journal entries for intercompany eliminations and acquisitions, consolidating financial statements, accounting for goodwill and calculating parent’s change in ownership for subsidiaries.
This course is also designed by Test Prep in a Snap. While the first course mentioned above is for intermediary level students, this one is for advanced level examinations. In 2 and a half hours, you’ll learn all the tricks and concepts needed to pass the CPA (FAR) examination that covers business consolidations and combinations.
- Start with clarifying the basic concepts of consolidations and business combinations.
- Learn accounting for business combinations like goodwill, bargain purchase gain and noncontrolling interest.
- Record entries and calculate decrease in parent ownership and post-acquisition consolidation.
- Record entries of inventory, assets, liabilities and dividends of intercompany eliminations.
3. CPA – Regulation – Property Transactions
Are you planning to just start with giving CPA examinations? Using your basic knowledge of accountancy and taxation, start preparing for the first level. You’ll be clearing your concepts of property transactions, which involves depreciation, amortization, capital gains and capital losses. By the end of the course, you’ll be able to solve practice papers on your own.
Your tutor for this course is Arpita Banerjee, a professional expert in accounting and taxation. She cleared her CPA examination from the California board with a score of 86 in Regulation and 95 in Audit. For 10 years, she has been working with several companies in the field of accountancy, auditing and taxation.
- Introduce yourself to the basic concept of property transactions.
- Calculate the basis for inherited property, gift and capitalization of cost.
- Learn to calculate depreciation, amortization, capital gains and capital losses.
- Gain an understanding of non-recognition transactions and business properties.
4. Auditing – Financial Statements | Breezy CPA
A major portion of financial accounting is auditing. In this course, you’ll be mastering this aspect of accountancy which will prepare you for your CPA examinations. Without any prior knowledge or experience, starting from scratch, you’ll learn how to conduct an entire process of audit with professional conduct, ethics and corporate governance.
Your course instructor, Philip J is going to conduct the sessions with his team of Breezy CPA Review. He has 15 years of experience in serving as a CPA for public accounting firms, companies and non-profit organizations. His area of expertise lies in SOX implementation, IPOs and acquisitions, where he has worked with auditing, taxation, budgeting and financial management.
- Introduce yourself to corporate governance, auditing standards and process.
- Learn how to carry out planning and risks involved in an audit.
- Understand how fraud detection and extracting evidence takes place while auditing a firm.
- Conduct audits of operation cycles, management assertions and internal controls.
- List published 04/06/2020 with 4 products.