We have searched the web for the best Business English classes. We analyzed over 110 Business English courses found on popular education sites like Udemy and Coursera and rated them based on course instructors, number of reviews, ratings, and more. Below is a list of our top 13 favorite Business English classes. At the very bottom of the post you can check our revision history.
1. Effective Business English for Logistics
This English for Logistics course is for people working in the logistics industry – whether in administration, management, warehousing or human resources. It’s your go-to guide on effective communication with colleagues, clients, partners, shipping agents, customs brokers of freight forwarders.
Your mentor for the course is Jacqueline Seidel who is a training specialist. She is an Australian business skills and language trainer based in Germany since early 2006, and her professional background is originally in the Australian private and public sectors. Jacqueline combines her business and policy background with a passion for providing interesting, engaging and enjoyable training programs.
- Learn how to communicate effectively in a variety of situations, including with freight forwarders, shipping agents, customs brokers and more.
- Administer logistics processes using appropriate terminology, and work within appropriate customs guidelines.
- Know how to manage logistics staff using appropriate terminology.
- Finally understand how you can communicate warehousing problems and propose appropriate solutions in effective English.
2. Business English Course for ESL Students
If you are learning English for your job or career, then the Business English Course is for you! It will help you communicate better in everyday professional situations. This is an intermediate-level English course containing 40 lessons focusing on essential vocabulary and practical phrases for the workplace.
Your course instructor is Shayna Oliveira who teaches English as a Second Language. Shayna is originally from the United States, and she currently lives in Brazil, where she works as an English teacher and translator. She has a CELTA certification to teach English to adults and several years of teaching experience in both group and private classes. Shayna also runs a popular English-learning website for ESL students.
- Learn the basics of vocabulary, interviews and telephone conversations.
- Cover intermediate topics of writing emails, letters and contracts.
- Learn English for different business areas like HR, marketing, finance and manufacturing.
- Go into specialization sections of business like IT, art, medicine and environment.
3. Business English: Easy English for Meetings
This course is specifically for non-native English speakers needing skills in planning and participating in meetings. So if you work in administration or management, for a large company or small business, and if you have lower-intermediate or intermediate English language skills then this course is for you!
Your mentor for the course is also Jacqueline Seidel. Apart from training more than 49,000 students online, she has also trained professionals in medium, large and multinational corporations through her company, O’Connell Advanced Training Solutions. Her teaching includes her experience as a businesswoman as well as an educator.
- Learn to send and amend formal and informal meeting invitations.
- Prepare an agenda for formal and informal meetings.
- Engage in small talk with meeting attendees, using standard phrases and “safe” small talk topics.
- Participate effectively in meetings, using standard phrases for interjections, agreeing, disagreeing and asking for clarification.
4. Customer Service English Essentials
You will learn many common English expressions in this course, as well as common vocabulary and tips about intonation and stress to give your spoken English a more native sound. Each lesson is designed to prepare you for nearly every situation you may face, from keeping an angry customer calm to explaining steps in a detailed process, to telling a customer they are wrong, and much much more.
Your course trainer is Luke Priddy. He is the founder of Cloud English and the co-founder of yoli. Luke has been teaching English for years, and over that time he discovered powerful language learning methods that make learning English much easier and more effective. His courses have helped thousands of people become more fluent in English.
- Become more confident in English conversations.
- Master English vocabulary, phrases and expressions.
- Take your English pronunciation and fluency to the next level.
- Improve your English listening skills.
5. Business English Vocabulary: Learn Essential Business Words
This online Business English course will help you to understand and use over 150 words essential for doing business in English. This course uses a unique language learning technique, used by thousands of students worldwide. It shows you how the words are actually used and it gives you the opportunity to use these words using quizzes and practice activities.
Say hello to your course instructor Charles Cornelius MA CertEd CELTA who is an English language teacher, mentoring 30000 students in 160 countries. He has about 20 years’ of teaching experience and a Masters degree in education and I am a certified English language teacher. Charles has carried out training in English language teaching techniques to classroom teachers in several countries.
- Understand the meaning and usage of almost 200 words related to Business English.
- Study a wider range of business letters, emails, reports, presentations and discussions in English.
- Speak English more naturally, using a variety of words and structures.
- Improve your English Writing skills by using a wider variety of Business English.
6. Effective Business English for Service Staff
In this course you’ll listen, watch, read, write and produce your own meeting Invitations, Agendas, Minutes and more! You’ll hear phone calls, take messages, write about your products and services. By the end of this course you will be a confident and effective communicator in Business English.
In this course too, you’ll be guided by Jacqueline Seidel. She has 15 courses online, not only on business English, but also on designing effective training programs, using Microsoft Excel, instructional design, performance management system, setting up an ESL business and management.
- Learn how to organise meetings – send invitations, contact participants, write the agenda and take the Minutes.
- Understand and use English business jargon – both written and spoken.
- Know how to meet and greet guests to your company, and engage in small talk.
- Finally, describe your products and services, and engage in simple sales conversations with potential customers.
7. Learn Business English (Professional Language)
Business English is English language for any business or professional purpose. This course will tell you about the right words, the right expressions, the right etiquette, and even the right understanding of business culture in the English language. This course will walk you step-by-step through the language necessary for getting down to business.
Your course guide is Gabriel Wallace who is the creator of ‘Learning English Path’. He is a Professional Identity Coach who helps people to reconnect with themselves on a deep level, rediscover their best selves, and recreate themselves from the inside out. He is also a Professional Creativity Coach, helping people to reach their highest potentials as the creators they are.
- Learn how to pass an interview as well as interview someone else.
- Understand how to negotiate salary and trade deals.
- Learn how to handle a meeting and how to politely disagree in a meeting.
- Lastly, learn how to write a resume, how to write a cover letter and how to talk about your job.
8. Business English Idioms
Understanding and using English idioms at work will help you express yourself more effectively in your job. This course will teach you lots of common English idioms used at work. You’ll be able to build rapport with your English-speaking colleagues and clients by using the language they speak.
The course is guided by Dylan Gates who is an English Trainer and Coach. His courses are designed to help you become a confident and competent speaker of English. He has been a Director of Studies at a British Council accredited school in Central London. Now he is a self-employed teacher / trainer / blogger / course designer and enjoying the freedom.
- Understand a range of English idioms used in the professional world.
- Feel more confident and comfortable interacting with native speakers of English.
- Learn to use these idioms to make their communication more natural, effective and engaging.
- Learn how to express your ideas, thoughts, opinions and experiences in English.
9. Formal Email Writing – Business English
You will start the course by learning the essential Email Etiquette. Most of these lessons are about issues that are often ignored at the risk of being impolite or annoying to your recipients. The second course section is Email Structure where we will break down the email into its parts and cover everything you need to know about each of those components.
Meet your course tutor Logan Susnick who is an audio/video professional. He is a CELTA certified English instructor, professional sound designer, video editor and animator. With over twenty years of experience in sound design, audio and video post-production, and in creating animations, he knows how to make your learning experience more interesting.
- You will be an articulate, well-mannered, knowledgeable and educated email communicator.
- Learn how to write proper formal emails and avoid common and embarrassing mistakes.
- Follow good mail etiquettes using standard words and phrases.
- Build a good reputation, communicate better, and create new opportunities for your career.
10. Business Skills: Easy English Meetings (Meetings in English)
In this course you will learn how to use polite English to participate in English meetings, as well as expressions for leading a meeting in English. This course is for Upper-Intermediate to Advanced English Language Learners. The skills you learn in this course will improve your ability to participate in English Meetings and your General English.
The course is provided by ELT Online who is into quality training for English Language Teachers & Students. ELT Online provides quality professional development opportunities to those in the field of English language teaching; as well as high-quality training to English language learners. The instructor, Joshua Durey has been in the field of ELT since 2003 as a teacher of English to speakers of other languages.
- Know how to use strategies for making small talk effectively.
- Clearly understand how you can use expressions for opening, conducting, and closing a meeting.
- Learn the use of expressions in problem solving.
- Perform the usage of a variety of Business Vocabulary for meetings and everyday conversation.
11. Advancing Business English: Grammar, Meetings and More
In this course you will learn and develop some excellent skills to help you advance your existing English language ability, in your place of business. You are taught about the building blocks you need to take your current skills to the next level, enabling you to grow in confidence and effectiveness. This course also covers practical aspects of business English such as grammar, key phrases and idioms, and a step-by-step guide on how to manage the meeting process from start to finish.
Greet your mentor CMG English Language Training Ltd who is an English Language Teacher. She has been working in language training for 10 years across several countries to include: UK, US, China, India, Russia and Bangladesh. I educate and coach individuals in English language development. Her career background includes extensive work in the marketing and communications sector and latterly the legal sector.
- This course provides a review of important grammar structures in the English language.
- Figure out how to communicate before, during and after business meetings, to include: etiquette, writing and speaking.
- Learn how to communicate confidently, effectively and professionally in the business environment.
- This course will make you feel more confident communicating in English both in (and out) of the work environment.
12. Business Skills: Easy English Presentations (Presenting)
You will learn how to deliver effective presentations which your audience will be sure to understand. You will be able to effectively deliver a presentation in English, use expressions for describing visual aids. Also learn how to take control of the Question and Answer Session following a presentation.
The course is also provided by ELT Online who is into quality training for English Language Teachers & Students. ELT Online provides quality professional development opportunities to those in the field of English Language Teaching; as well as high-quality training to English Language Learners. The instructor, Joshua Durey has been in the field of ELT since 2003 as a teacher of English to speakers of other languages.
- Effectively deliver a presentation in English.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your own presentation.
- See Examples of “real-world” application of the principles taught in this course.
- Get the tools you need to engage the audience.
13 Business English Course – Kickstart your Business English
This Business English course focuses on language, listening and speaking skills that you can put to use right away in your job. The course builds from the basics up to the more advanced business English skills you need in real-life business situations. And it’s about more than just vocabulary.
This course is tailored by Business English Pod. They are a leading provider of lessons, courses and apps for learning Business English with over 90 million lessons delivered. Since 2006, they have helped thousands of learners improve their business English skills, helping people just like you to communicate more clearly and successfully in business and work.
- Improve your business English skills and confidence in three key areas: meetings, presentations, and telephoning.
- Learn the phrases, structures, techniques, and special expressions that will take your English ability to the next level.
- Master key business English skills for expressing opinions, making suggestions, clarifying and discussing your job and company.
- Improve your business English skills for communicating on the telephone with colleagues and customers.
- List published 05/07/2020 with 13 products.