We have searched the web for the best blueJ classes. We analyzed over 233 blueJ courses found on popular education sites like Udemy, Edx and Coursera and rated them based on course instructors, number of reviews, ratings, and more. Below is a list of our top 5 favorite blueJ classes . At the very bottom of the post you can check our revision history.
1. Using BlueJ to Program in Java
Do you wish to improve your skills in Java programming? If yes, then install BlueJ and write several Java programs on it while you learn more. You’ll be using conditional loops and API documentation for writing Java programs and debugging them with a scientific method. Towards the end of the course, you’ll be able to develop, edit and run your own programs.
You have 4 tutors for this course – Owen Astrachan, Robert Duvall, Andrew D Hilton and Susan H Rodger. All of them are professors in this field. Through this course, they aim to train you in designing solutions with Java programs as you clarify your concepts on its basic syntax. You’ll be given access to Java libraries for the purpose too.
- Introduce yourself to the fundamentals of Java syntax and semantics.
- Learn about strings, loops, debugging and CSV files in Java.
- Develop your own program by creating classes and using iterables.
- Work on a project where you can determine the popularity of baby names by analyzing CSV files.
2. 101 JAVA Programs for absolute beginners and school students
Whether you’re a high school student or just someone who has no idea about Java, then this course is an amazing kickstart for you to learn the program. You’ll be understanding Java programming in detail and from scratch here, using BlueJ software to write the programs. Towards the end of this course, you’ll be a pro mastering Java 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.
Subrat Dash has 15 years of experience as a software engineer and is the perfect instructor you could get for this course. He holds an MSc in IT from Punjab Technical University and holds expertise in web data integration & mining using Java programming language. Over the years, he has created web applications using frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, MySQL and Solr.
- Introduce yourself to OOP and the basics of Java.
- Install BlueJ and learn to write Java programs in the software.
- Write programs which use ternary, unary and binary operators.
- Learn various methods of programming like if-else, switch-case, loops, Java variables, arrays and constructors.
3. Java Programming Essentials: AP Computer Science A
This course is also designed for high school students who wish to pursue their career in engineering. Those who are willing to give the AP computer science examination can get the perfect score in their first attempt by taking these lessons. You’ll be learning all the essential programming skills in Java and analyzing the programs too.
You’ll be trained by Eric Chou, a computer engineer by profession and a senior member of IEEE. He holds work experience at HP and Micrel after which he opened his own company. Today, he owns US as well as international patents in mobile computing, communication receiver design, software development and IC design.
- Introduce yourself to the AP edition of Java programming.
- Install the BlueJ software and start with the elementary programming.
- Learn about decisions, loops, structural programming and arrays.
Move on to learn about objects, classes, data structure and basic object programming
4. Introduction to Java Programming – Part 1
Designed for absolute beginners, this course clarifies all concepts on Java programming and object oriented framework with the help of BlueJ. Gain some practical experience solving various problems with the help of Java programming in an integrated development environment. Towards the end, you can write programs using loops, arrays, variables and control statements.
You have 3 professors from the Hong Kong University of Science & Technology guiding you – Ting Chuen Pong, Tony W K Fung and Leo P M Fan. Ting has a PhD in computer science from Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University in the US. On the other hand, Tony and Leo have an MPhil in computer science from HKUST.
- Introduce yourself to Java with the basics of primitive data, arithmetic expressions and OOP.
- Solve various problems using loops, branching and arrays.
- Learn string manipulation, file I/O and event-driven programming.
- Gain insights on recursion and abstract data types.
5. Object Oriented Programming in Java Specialization
If you have any experience of programming, then this course will be easier for you to pick up. You’ll be learning Java programming in BlueJ as well as Eclipse here. Towards the end, you’ll have gained skills of a software engineer who can independently program with graphical UI and design programs that can manage a lot of data.
You have a team of 7 instructors for this course – Mia Minnes, Andrew D Hilton, Owen Astrachan, Robert Duvall, Christine Alvarado, Leo Porter and Susan H Rodger. They are all professors of computer science and engineering. Mia, Christine and Leo are from the University of California San Diego while Andrew, Owen, Robert and Susan are from Duke University.
- Learn problem solving with design algorithms and debug programs.
- Work with arrays, lists and structured data in Java.
- Introduce yourself to object oriented programming in Java.
- Deal with data structures and performances in Java programming.
- List published 05/01/2020 with 05 products.