We have searched the web for the best app development courses . We analyzed over 1,467 app development courses found on popular education sites like Udemy and Coursera and rated them based on course instructors, number of reviews, ratings, and more. Below is a list of our top 10 favorite app development courses . At the very bottom of the post you can check our revision history.
1. Mobile App Development for Beginners (Swift 3, iPhone iOS10)
If you aspire to become a professional app developer, then this course is for you. All you need is a Mac machine and the basic know-how to operate it. Even if you don’t have a background in coding, by the end of this course, you can independently create 10 iOS apps using Swift 3 and X Code 8.
- Introduce yourself to iOS development and Swift 3.
- Take a step ahead to storyboards, segue, UI Navigation Controller, UI Tab Bar Controller and other front end controls.
- Move on to object oriented programming and NS Coding.
- Learn to record and play audios and videos as well as creating map-based apps, notifications and app sharing.
2. iOS Development Crash Course – Beginners to Publishing App
Are you willing to learn how to create apps for Apple devices? It does not matter if you have any experience or knowledge of programming languages. This course can be availed by absolute beginners having the enthusiasm to learn. All you need is a computer that runs on Mac OS. By the end of this course, you’ll create 2 apps of your own and be independent to publish them.
This course is designed and presented by Shaping Edge and Three Millennials. Shaping edge is a company that develops apps for iPhones, iPads and Apple Watches. On the other hand, Three Millennials designs online courses on programming,machine learning,artificial intelligence and other IT-based subjects.
- Introduction to Swift programming and XCode.
- Learn how to develop an app.
- Create a bill splitting app and a quiz game for Apple devices.
- Learn to create app icons and publish them on the Apple store.
3. SwiftUI Masterclass: iOS 13 App Development with Swift 5
Do you wish to create and develop your own app for the Apple Store? If yes, then this is an advanced course that teaches you app building from scratch. You don’t need any background in computer programming, all you need is a computer with MacOS and XCode 11 from Apple. Using SwiftUI, you’ll be able to create apps independently for iOS 13 by the end of this course.
Robert Petras, your tutor for this course is a professional SwiftUI Mobile App Developer. He passionately teaches how to create apps for iPhone, iPad, Macintosh computers and Apple watches. His aim is to enable his students to become professional app developers just like him and has received a rating of 4.7 in a very short span of time.
- Get used to iOS 13 and SwiftUI.
- Learn how to develop apps using Swift 5.
- Get various hacks of XCode 11.
- Create apps on developers card, avocado recipes, honeymoon destinations and many more.
4. iOS 13 & Swift 5 – The Complete iOS App Development Bootcamp
Do you aspire to create mobile apps by yourself? If you’ve got a Macbook or a PC that runs on Mac OS, then you can take-up this course for developing iOS 13 apps. You can become a professional iOS 13 app developer by the end of this course. Apart from learning XCode 11 and Swift 5.1, you’ll also gain concepts of AR, networking and machine learning.
Your tutor, Angela yu is a professional app developer. She is also the leading instructor at London App Brewery and has trained employees working for Twitter, Facebook and Google. She has been programming since the age of 12 and her first creation was a space invader game. Ever since then, she has not stopped developing software, websites, games and apps.
- Introduce yourself to iOS 13, Swift 5.1, XCode 11 storyboards and interface.
- Learn coding, programming and creation of auto layout & responsive UIs in Swift.
- Take a step ahead into details of networking, GitHub, local data persistence and in-app purchases.
- Move on to advanced level machine learning, AR apps and publishing apps in the app store.
5. Finish It! Motivation & Processes For Game & App Development
Are you stuck in the middle of an app or game development project? If you need real help, just register for this course. Meant for app developers having background knowledge and experience in the field, this course takes you to an advanced level. Boost your skills on coding for mobile apps and games and complete the project you signed up for.
The course is provided by Rick Davidson and the GameDev.tv Team. Rick has more than 14 years of experience in creating video games for gaming consoles, Facebook, mobile phones and PC. GameDev.tv provides various online courses on coding as well as developing video games.
- Start with clarifying your queries and discussing the project you’re working on.
- Learn to remove blockages coming on your way to finish the project.
- Build-up momentum and various habits for professional creation.
- Discover your journey ahead from here as you finish your project.
6. iOS Development – Create 4 Quiz Apps with Swift 3 & iOS 10
Do you want to become an iOS app developer? If yes, then this course is perfect for you. All you need is a computer running on Mac OS and XCode 8. It’s a bonus if you’ve done any kind of programming before. In a fun way, become a pro app developer by creating 4 different kinds of quiz apps on your own – with features of all kinds.
You have two tutors for this course – Johannes Ruof and Timothy Meixner. The two are partners and full-time German instructors on Udemy. They teach courses on German, app development, instagram marketing in German, digital marketing in German and many more. They have received the best instructor award and had more than 42,000 students so far.
- Get started with the set-up and menu.
- Create 4 different types of quiz apps – MCQ, image,emoji and true/false.
- Learn to use the template view controller.
- Add audio and unlimited mode feature to your apps.
7. iOS 12 & Swift 5 – App Design, UI/UX plus Development
Do you simply dream of creating a cool iOS app but don’t know anything about coding? Well, you don’t need to know programming to master programming for iOS app development. This course makes you a pro at Sketch and Figma teaching you right from scratch. Learn app designing UI/X and iOS 12 app development on your MacOS operated machine.
Gwinyai Nyatsoka is a director of a digital media agency and your instructor for this course. He has created several apps, games and websites in his career so far. Recently, he has started teaching coding out of passion to share everything he knows. This includes sharing his experience of working with clients to aspiring professionals.
- Learn to design apps along with their logos,UI/UX and icons.
- Train yourself to use Sketch and Figma.
- Move on to coding with XCode and Swift 5.
- Gain insights on fundamentals of machine learning, Instagram clone, graphics and animation.
8. The Complete iOS11 Swift 4 Development Course – Build 28 Apps
Do you wish to change your line of career and become an app developer? This course is designed for absolute beginners who wish to pursue app development and work full-time or as a freelancer in the field. All you need is a laptop or computer that runs on MacOS as you’ll be developing apps for iOS 11 using Swift 4 and XCode 9.
This course is also designed and guided by Dee Aliyu Odumosu. He started programming with Java and also knows Microsoft ASP.NET, C#, Ruby on Rails, PHP, HTML, CSS, Objective-C and of course, Swift. Out of 9 courses he teaches, we have listed the best 2. You may refer to the first course mentioned in the list to know more about him.
- Introduce yourself to iOS, Swift and XCode.
- Learn to include audio recording & video playback.
- Add maps, notifications, social media sharing, face detection and other interesting features.
- Move on to machine learning, artificial reality and QR-code reading.
9. iOS 12: Learn to Code & Build Real iOS 12 Apps in Swift 4.2
If you own a machine that runs on MacOS and have a desire to learn app development, you get to sign-up for this course. Using XCode 10 and Swift 4.2, learn how to build apps for iOS 12 at a professional level. In fact, by the end of this course you’ll have more than 15 apps all designed and coded by you. So, this course can change your career’s path entirely.
This course too has got two tutors guiding you – Caleb Stultz and Jonathan Burgoyne. Both are successful app developers and passionate teachers sharing their knowledge and experience on online platforms. While Caleb has developed content on iOS development, Swift, Android, blockchain and game development, Jonanthan has been teaching for iOS and Android too.
- Get used to the interface of Swift 4.2 and XCode 10.
- Learn to create AutoLayout, Model View Controller, TableView and CollectionViews.
- Create e-commerce apps, AR apps and CoreML 2.
- Submit your creation to the app store.
10. This Is How You Make iPhone Apps – iOS Development Course
Learning app development online requires no eligibility or skills from your end. This is yet another course on iOS app development that teaches you programming for apps from scratch. In fact, you’ll create a basic app without the input of any code language at the initial stage. At your own pace, master the art of creating apps from being an absolute fresher.
The course has been designed, developed and guided by The App Dojo. The company has more than 1,33,000 students who were beginners but have now become masters of app development. Whether you wish to create apps as a professional or sell your own app in the app store, their course is extremely beneficial to all.
- Create your first app without entering codes.
- Start coding on XCode and Swift for higher level apps.
- Create a tip-calculator, food journal and a photo-based app.
- Learn to publish your creation to the app store.
- List published 02/11/2020 with 10 products.