We have searched the web for the best apache kafka classes . We analyzed over 751 apache kafka courses found on popular education sites like Udemy and Coursera and rated them based on course instructors, number of reviews, ratings, and more. Below is a list of our top 12 favorite apache kafka classes . At the very bottom of the post you can check our revision history.
1. Apache Kafka Series – Learn Apache Kafka for Beginners v2
As a software developer, if you’re yet to add Kafka to your skill set, then this course will solve the problem for you. The set of 19 lessons will help you understand the overall architecture and program it on java and command line. Towards the end, you’ll be capable of creating your own Kafka environment.
Your trainer, Stephane Maarek is an AWS certified software consultant, architect and developer. He happens to be an active member of the Apache Kafka community and was a part of the committee of Kafka Summit 2019 in New York, San Francisco and London. You can avail 28 of his courses on AWS as well as Kafka online.
- Introduce yourself to the theories and fundamental concepts of Apache Kafka.
- Start coding using the command line interface 101 and kafka java programming 101.
- Develop a project that comprises twitter producer, ElasticSearch and some advanced configurations.
- Understand the Kafka ecosystem and architecture using extended APIs and case studies.
2. Apache Kafka Series – Kafka Cluster Setup & Administration
Apache Kafka is a vast field to learn about, the Kafka cluster being a part of it. If you’re done with the beginner’s course of the Apache Kafka Series (mentioned in point 1) as well as have good knowledge of AWS, Linux commands, servers and networking, then this course will take your skills to a whole new level.
Stephane Maarek has more than 269,000 students with an instructor rating of 4.6 out of 5. For this course alone, he has had more than 11,000 students who have greatly benefited from his lessons. He has courses for both freshers and professionals and this one is designed for students as well as professionals having intermediary skills.
- Set-up the Kafka cluster on 3 machines and understand its architecture.
- Introduce yourself to Zookeeper Quorum, its set-up and usage in Kafka.
- Configure kafka cluster and set-up various web administration tools.
- Set-up the 3 brokers of kafka cluster and in case of problems shut down and recover them.
3. Apache Kafka Series – Kafka Streams for Data Processing
Another advanced level course of the Apache Kafka Series by Stephane Maarek, this set of lessons will train you to program high level DSL and develop your own Kafka stream application. You’ll be needing a good knowledge base in Java 8, completion of at least the beginner’s course (in point 1) and at least 4GB RAM in your machine.
In less than 5 hours, Stephane provides you 76 lectures to boost your skills in Apache Kafka. This expert is not just an author of 28 courses on AWS and Kafka but also looks after two blogs for Medium and Confluent in this field. For this course, more than 16,000 students have already signed-up from mixed backgrounds and have benefited greatly.
- Introduce yourself to the Kafka streams application.
- Operate upon kstreams and ktables at an advanced level.
- Learn about Exactly One Semantics and its activation in Kafka streams.
- Write programs and tests on a high level to create your own application.
4. Apache Kafka – Real-time Stream Processing (Master Class)
Are you a Java programmer willing to expand your skill set in Kafka? If yes, then this course will help you learn how to utilize java for developing applications on Kafka from scratch. You won’t need any prior knowledge in Apache Kafka but you will need some knowledge of Java 8 Lambda and a 64-bit machine with at least 4GB RAM.
Prashant Kumar Pandey has written a book on Apache Kafka based on which he has designed this course. He has been working as an IT developer and consultant for the last 18 years and passionately shares his knowledge and experience through his books, classes and articles. He also has a YouTube channel and a learning journal portal for the same.
- Introduce yourself to Apache Kafka and real-time streams.
- Understand the architecture and develop stream processing applications.
- Learn how to auto-generate Java objects like JSON schema and AVRO schema.
- Test your stream applications built using ktables, timestamps, windows and real-time aggregates.
5. Apache Kafka Series – KSQL on ksqlDB for Stream Processing !
Coming back to the Apache Kafka Series (refer to the first 3 points), this course will help all software developers and architects who have a basic knowledge of Apache Kafka. The lessons covered in the beginners course mentioned in the first point need to be thorough. This course focuses on KSQL features and operations.
Along with Stephane Maarek, you also have Simon Aubury as your tutor. In fact, for this course he is the lead trainer. He is an expert at KSQL and has also written for the Confluent blog. This data engineer architect has used Apache Kafka for projects like aircraft tracking, machine learning for home monitoring and geospatial event tracking.
- Introduce yourself to KSQL and set it up in your machine.
- Gain basic and intermediate skills on KSQL.
- Learn more about KSQL extensions such as UDF and UDAF.
- Move to advanced level production and perform operations such as geospacing, windowing, joins and aggregations.
6. Build streaming applications using Apache Kafka and Scala
If you are a scala developer, then expanding your skill-set in Kafka can give you a real kick in your career. Using the Scala programming language, you’ll be setting-up your own kafka environment and slowly go deeper into its usage and application. Moreover, you’ll also learn about 3rd party plugins like flume, consumer API and spark streaming.
Your lead instructor for this course is Durga Viswanatha Raju Gadiraju, the founder of Itversity Support along with Kamlesh Patidar. Viswanatha is a technology advisor and evangelist with more than 13 years of experience in Big Data and Cloud. Through ITVersity, he provides courses on app development, data warehousing, cloud technology & business intelligence.
- Setup Zookeeper, Kafka cluster and Scala development environments in your machine.
- Introduce yourself to producer and consumer APIs in scala.
- Use flume to ingest web server logs and integrate kafka with spark streaming.
- Gain insights on NoSQL database, HBase, streaming technologies and spark streaming.
7. Apache Kafka for developers
Are you a Java developer looking for a push in your career? Well, this course on Apache Kafka might be it for you. This system is used by several programmers and developers for data analytics projects. In this course, you’ll learn to create your own Kafka environment as well as send and receive messages from kafka producer & consumer respectively.
You’ll be trained by Ganapathi Devappa, a big data specialist having an experience of more than 20 years. He’s a cloudera certified Hadoop administrator, who has worked with Verizon and Cognizant in the past. Apart from conducting classes on No-SQL, Kafka, Hadoop, Spark and Storm, he has also written several blogs on big data.
- Introduce yourself to the basic fundamentals and environment of Kafka.
- Install and configure the software to learn further.
- Learn in detail about Kafka producers and consumers.
- Develop your own environment, producers and consumers to program command lines, send and receive messages.
8. Practice Tests | Confluent Certified Developer Apache Kafka
Are you looking forward to giving the Confluent Certified Developer Apache Kafka Examination? If yes, then you might need some practice papers to move ahead in the exam. This course is strictly exam-oriented and provides you with 3 practice papers, with a total of 160 questions. You may even treat it as a mock session in order to analyze your preparation level.
This course has been designed by Bhavuk Chawla, a certified confluent kafka instructor since 2016. He has more than 15 years of experience as a technologist working with confluent kafka, google cloud, artificial intelligence, software architecture and machine learning. Apart from the practice paper, he has a course on cloudera cluster too.
- Revise the concepts in the syllabus you need to know.
- Cover questions based on application design in kafka.
- Go through the questions based on kafka development.
- Solve problems on deployment, testing and monitoring of programs.
9. Apache Kafka for Beginners – Learn Kafka by Hands-On
If you want to learn about Kafka from scratch, then this is the right course for you. Using your basics of Java programming knowledge, you’ll be stepping into the world of Apache Kafka and gain hands-on experience in the field. By the end of your lessons, you’ll be capable of creating client applications of your own.
Your tutor, Dilip S is a software engineer since 2008. He is passionate about two things – learning new technologies and teaching students online. If you want to learn more about programming languages, frameworks and other technologies, you can follow his YouTube channel “Code with Dilip” or take a look at his other 6 courses.
- Install Kafka and understand its basic fundamentals and architecture.
- Gain hands-on experience of producer APIs and message delivery configuration.
- Move on to the concepts of consumer APIs, groups and rebalance.
- Learn about default and manual consumer off-sets, management and rebalance listeners.
10. The Complete Apache Kafka course for beginners
This is one course on Kafka that does not need you to have any basic knowledge about anything. Any student or fresher in this field who is eager to learn can take up this course. Starting from installation and set-up of the software, you’ll understand its work flow, programs and applications. By the end, you’ll be sending and receiving messages on their server too.
You’ll be trained by the team of Tutorial Drive. The founder has 6 years of experience in the IT industry with Apache Kafka, Hadoop, Storm, Java, Spark and Linux. He has worked with companies in India and US and now teaches online. This software professional has more than 18,000 students and 12 courses.
- Introduce yourself to the fundamentals and structure of Kafka.
- Understand basic operations on Kafka and the usage of Zookeeper.
- Learn about consumer and producer APIs as well as multi-node clusters.
- Create, send and receive messages on Kafka servers.
11. Apache Kafka With Java Spring Boot-Theory & Hands On Coding
Java and other software developers who are willing to step forward to learn about Apache Kafka are welcome to sign-up for this course. This is meant for developers who’ve never used or known much about Kafka. Starting from installation and software set-up, you’ll be moving into programming, developing your own environment, producer & consumer and handling errors.
Your instructor, Timotius Pamungkas is Java software engineer and architect from Indonesia. Having more than 5 years of experience in the field, he now passionately shares his knowledge and experience in this field through 6 of his online courses. He always updates himself with new technologies and programming languages and keeps sharing the same with the world.
- Install and set-up kafka as well as Java framework.
- Understand the theoretical and architectural concepts of kafka.
- Program codes with JSON message on the Spring framework by Java.
- Learn about rabbitMQ and how it is different from Kafka.
12. Getting Started with Apache Kafka
If you have a basic understanding of Hadoop architecture and database systems, this course will be easy for you to understand. Starting from scratch, you’ll understand how kafka works and how you can use it for your work. This is a short introductory course for beginners to get acquainted with the software before moving on to practical experience.
You’ll be guided by the owner of Stackable Solutions. He has been a full stack developer for more than 10 years now. He produces robust and highly tested codes for web as well as native applications for his clients. Through this course, he shares his knowledge and experience in just 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Introduce yourself to the basic concepts of kafka.
- Understand how operational tasks, monitoring and audit takes place.
- Set-up multi broker cluster and test kafka, in order to test fault tolerance.
- Stream data processing, distributions and packaging, also importing & exporting data.
- List published 03/11/2020 with 12 products.