We have searched the web for the best Anime classes . We analyzed over 2629 Anime courses found on popular education sites like Udemy and Coursera and rated them based on course instructors, number of reviews, ratings, and more. Below is a list of our top 10 favorite Anime classes . At the very bottom of the post you can check our revision history.
1. Anime Studio Pro 9 Tutorial – A Practical Training Course
Do you aspire to develop your creativity in graphic design & animation? If yes, then this course will teach you how to operate on Anime Studio Pro 9. You can be an absolute beginner as you’ll be learning everything from scratch. Starting from creating a new character you see in Animes, you’ll be providing it with colour and movement.
You’ll be trained by the team of Infinite Skills based in Canada. They are very popular for providing eLearning courses on multiple subjects and have 331 of them. More than 1 million students have been trained with comprehensive skills that are essential in the professional field. This course has received a rating of 4.9.
- Install the software in your PC and get used to its UI.
- Learn how to operate each and every drawing tool.
- Provide bone rigging, animation and special effects to your character.
- Develop an entire project to polish your skills and gain exposure.
2. Anime Studio Pro 11 – A Practical Training Course
Without having any prior knowledge or experience in animation, learn how to use Anime Studio pro 11 by signing up for this course. You’ll be drawing the characters from scratch and create an animation video with them. Moreover, this software allows you to import features from software like Smart Bones and Adobe Photoshop for bone rigging, animation and vector conversion.
The course has been designed by the team of Simply edukator. As a growing online institute, they provide practical hand-on training and experience to their students. For this purpose, they have been using advanced technology to create e-learning videos and so far have 10 courses and more than 10,000 students.
- Learn to use the interface of the software post installation.
- Create characters using the various drawing tools on the software.
- Make the character’s bones and apply rigging, animation and special effects.
- Create an entire forest on the software based on all the skills learnt.
3. Manga Art School: Anime and Manga Character Drawing Course
Do you love the way the Japanese Manga characters are created? If you are a creative artist who loves the Manga and Anime series, then you’ll thoroughly enjoy learning how to create one. Designed for freshers, this course teaches you how to design Manga and Anime characters using paper, digital tools and 3D software at a professional level.
Scott Harris is the Art Director of DAS School of Art and Design, and your tutor for this course. He has been teaching skills in drawing characters for comics or series, making paintings and several other theories of art to more than 190,000 students over several years. Discover various concepts a creative artist can make use of.
- Introduce yourself to the elements used to create manga characters.
- Draw manga characters as well as anime style facial expressions and hair.
- Learn how to animate characters the way you see in manga and anime series.
- Get a demo on each of these and gain exposure.
4. How to Draw A Manga / Anime Styled Portrait – Drawing Course
To all the creative artists out there, pick up a piece of paper and pencil and create an anime character in 36 minutes. This short course meant for beginners teaches you to create a detailed portrait of a manga character. Japanese manga/anime characters have distinctive features which you’ll learn to create in this class.
You’ll be guided by Thumin in this short class. His creativity is a gift which he has developed on his own, with self-learning and lots of experience. He has more than 140,000 followers on Instagram and a popular Youtube channel too. Recently, he has started teaching online and has already gained a rating of 4.5 for this course.
- Understand how a Japanese manga character is supposed to look like.
- Create a portrait with the face, eyes, nose and mouth.
- Learn how to draw the hair of the character.
- Understand what kind of colour combinations work with anime characters.
5. Anime Drawing for Beginners
This is another pencil-paper drawing course for beginners interested in th Japanese anime style of cartoons. However, if you want this course can also be learnt on PaintTool instead of paper. This is a detailed course on only drawing of characters, starting from the basic outline of the character to detailed features, expressions and chibis.
Pluvias is a freelance anime illustrator and is going to be your mentor in this course. Born to be an artist, he has been practicing it on a digital scale since 2009, after joining deviantArt. He is also into traditional art with Copic Markers. You Can follow him on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pixiv to take a look at his work.
- Draw a male as well as a female character.
- Start with the head, face, eyes, nose, mouth and hair.
- Create different shapes and sizes for their bodies, hands, legs and feet.
- Add clothes along with some detailing in their features and expressions.
6. Manga Module 1: Drawing Basic Human Body
The manga style of art stands out completely due to its distinguishable features. If you are an artist who wishes to explore and work in this field of art, then pick up your pencils and paper and sign up for this course. You’ll understand what kind of features and characteristics will make a character look like an anime.
This course has 2 groups of instructors – ASO College Group from the Parenthexis Academy and Contents provider, another ASO college group. Both are institutes in Japan providing e-learning courses to students. The ASO college group from Japan has been in the medical, healthcare, infrastructure and educational industries since 140 years.
- Start with the structure and detailing of the face.
- In proportion to the face, create the basic outline of the body.
- Create a male and a female character with detailed features on their body.
- Add depth to your drawing so that a 2D illustration gets a 3D effect.
7. Low-Poly vector drawing and animation in Anime Studio Pro
For an artist the multimedia and animation industry has tremendous scope and exposure. The Japanese Anime characters are a distinguishable form of animation that needs to be learnt separately. If you wish to create anime characters at a professional level, install Anime Studio Pro 10.1 or a higher version in your PC and follow the instructions in this course.
You’ll be trained by Igor Gimbosh, who is a professional freelance animator and motion graphics artist. He has been working for the PC gaming industry since a long time now and also conducts animation workshops worldwide. Recently, he has started teaching online and has already gained more than 4,000 students.
- Learn to use various tools of the software to start drawing.
- From scratch, create an anime character with detailed features.
- Provide an attractive colour combination to the character.
- Complete the course with animation and camera positioning.
8. Anime Studio Pro 10 Tutorial – A Practical Training Course
From a graphic designer and animator, if you aspire to become a professional anime character animator, then this course is perfect for you. Using Anime Studio Pro 10, this nearly 10-hour course teaches you in detail and from scratch – how to draw an anime character, along with colours, detailing, motion and special effects.
This course has also been designed and trained by Infinite Skills (refer to point number 1). Popularly known for providing excellent quality e-learning courses with practical hand-on training and experience, this course alone has received a rating of 4.4 out 5. They aim to convert freshers into skilled professionals.
- Install and set-up the software and understand its UI.
- Create a character using the tools of the software with detailing.
- Provide special effects such as rigging, bone structure & movement and animation.
- Crate a bank robbery scene using all the tools and features you’ve learnt.
9. How to Draw Anime People and bodies
The beauty and flexibility of this course is that you have two options to learn from – either pencil and paper, or Manga Studio 5 in your tablet or PC. Your desire to learn how to create an anime character from scratch is enough for this course. You will be creating various types of figures, both male and female, adults and children with different types of clothing.
Neil Fontaine is a professional painter and your mentor for this course. He polished his skills at the community college of San Jose, Ca and has sold several paintings. Moreover, he has written several novels and is Amazon’s best selling author for the book “How to Draw Awesome Figures”. To know more about him, you can view his portfolio at saatchiArt.
- Discover various types of anime characters you can create.
- Draw the face with eyes, nose, mouth and hair of different features and expressions.
- Work on the various shapes, sizes and features of the body.
- Create the back view of the character from head to toe.
10. How to Draw Manga Faces and Hair
This course too provides you with the flexibility to learn with pencil and paper or Manga Studio 5 on a Wacom tablet. Starting from the head of the character, provide detailing to the eyes, nose, mouth and hair of the face. Apart from creating a face with expressions, you’ll also learn to reflect emotions of the character.
This course has also been designed by Neil Fontaine. He has 15 courses and more than 69,000 students coming from different backgrounds. Not only absolute beginners, but students coming from the Academy of Arts in San Francisco have also benefited from his courses to a great extent. This 5-and-a-half-hour course has already received more than 3,000 students.
- Discover the difference between pencil drawings and digital drawings.
- Create the head and face of the manga character at different angles.
- Add eyes, nose, mouth and hair to the face.
- Learn to give expressions and emotions to the drawing.
- List published 02/29/2020 with 10 products.